How to Survive Halloween. Pumpkins, tasers and pressure washers! :D

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing springs to mind :)
I got an email today titled 'How to survive Halloween when you have diabetes'.

My answer is...... It's only 24 hours! Eat pumpkin! :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There I am, minding my own business, engrossed in a book, the internet or the TV, and the door goes.

I open it to be faced with the horrific prospect of a small child, begging.
- for food I don't have.
With its parent hiding in the shadows on the kerbside.

I mean, what do you do?

My mother gives them apples, knowing that is the last thing they want, but thinking it is the best thing for them.

Me? I don't even have apples. And I can hardly hand out individual blueberries, can I?

The one year I bought Celebrations, the doorbell didn't go once and I spent the evening eating them myself (thankfully it was before I got a meter and the damage was unrecorded)

So, like @bulkbiker I will draw the curtains, turn out the lights and avoid the front room - hiding from the monsters

:D

Reactions: everway9

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It'll be Christmas next! ARRRRRRGHHHH! (Bah humbug me) :)

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Halloween is a day of remembrance for me for the lost soul of my late great English Springer Spaniel. Lady Galadriel aka Gally who died October 31st 2013. She's the dog with the Liverpool FC hat on in my profile/avatar picture. She was 14. May she rest in peace. :angelic:

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Were not allowed tasers, but a hose with good water pressure helps a lot.

No fun in trick or thieving when you are as wet as a shag

I have a pressure washer if you would like to borrow it. :)

D

Deleted member 308541

I have a pressure washer if you would like to borrow it. :)
I can get a loan of one from the bowls club that will strip oil stains off cement that's how much pressure it's got.

Our two boys used to trick and what ever when they were younger, they teamed up with their black mates from up the street. Always came home with a fair selection of stuff that they shared out between themselves. :D

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I like the.. 'and whatever' bit. :D

Sounds like it's me who needs the loan of that pressure washer. Mine cant even get all the mud of the car. Always looks nice and perfectly clean just after it's done but when the car dries you can see how useless it actually is. :banghead:

Last edited:

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Apparently there is 7g carbs per 100g of pumpkin.

Maybe we should use them more throughout the year... not just at Halloween. :)

D

Deleted member 308541

We eat a fair bit of pumpkin through the year, we have a good variety of them here in Australia.

My main ones that I like are the Queensland Blue and the JAP pumpkin. ( before any goes all huggyfluffy pc about the word JAP it stands for Just A Pumpkin, and not a Japanese person.)

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Awwwwww. That's so sweet. What a positive thing to do. Good for you. :):angelic:

D

Deleted member 308541

I go to the bank. I get about ten dollars worth of pennies. I put them in a penny colored copper bucket. I bring it to the door. I invite the creature to dip their one fist into the pennies and see how many it can grab in one try. If the creature drops the pennies, the creature is allowed another try so there is only smiles.
That could get expensive here, our lowest denomination coin is 5 cents.

Last year, a creature around the age of six asked me "Do you have any alternatives?" to which I answered truthfully, "only for you" and forked over a spanish and english bilingual children's book wrapped in plastic I had gotten free in a box of Cheerios

I bet that set the "creature" back a bit. :D