1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How to Survive Halloween. Pumpkins, tasers and pressure washers! :D

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by everway9, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Just give em a multivitamin tab & tell them it's "ecstasy". The parents will be reluctant to bring the little darlings round in successive years...!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. everway9

everway9 Type 3c · Well-Known Member

ROFLMFAO! :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Pressure washer and tasers ha ha sounds like you live on my estate.

I think for me the concept of Halloween is awful. I never allowed my girls to go 'begging' for sweets and money. I'm not too keen on my granddaughter going but she's not my child, I dont make the rules for her. I found my eldest had been trick or treating one year and had got herself a pile of money. I made her give it to a homeless fella selling the Big Issue here in the UK. Not sure she learnt a lesson but it stopped her spending loads of money on rubbish

4. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

What does pumpkin taste like? I would buy them for the girls but wouldnt know what to do with whatever came out of it. I wasnt too keen on the smell. Was just curious as to what it tasted like

• Like Like x 1
  5. mist

mist · Guest

Apparently is pretty bland, only reason I ever buy pumpkin is to put it on my head. For this, they are truly magnificent.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Just bumping this thread, in case anyone needs any last minute survival tips.

7. SWUSA_

SWUSA_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I bought some small packages of cheese and breadsticks because I knew I would eat the candy right now. We have a new fence with locking gate and no one bothered us at all. I am donating the cheese and breadsticks to the local food pantry because we tried them and do not like them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mist

mist · Guest

I'm a cheese freak! Send it my way..:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. SWUSA_

SWUSA_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I would you know. I love cheese too and thought we could use the small packages when we were out for snacks for mom. It says cheddar on the label but it is not, it's a goopy orange sweet mess of a salty sauce and dry tasteless sticks of cracker.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. mist

mist · Guest

On second thoughts, you can hang onto it..:p:yuck:

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook