How to Survive Halloween. Pumpkins, tasers and pressure washers! :D

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There I am, minding my own business, engrossed in a book, the internet or the TV, and the door goes.

I open it to be faced with the horrific prospect of a small child, begging.
- for food I don't have.
With its parent hiding in the shadows on the kerbside.

I mean, what do you do?

My mother gives them apples, knowing that is the last thing they want, but thinking it is the best thing for them.

Me? I don't even have apples. And I can hardly hand out individual blueberries, can I?

The one year I bought Celebrations, the doorbell didn't go once and I spent the evening eating them myself (thankfully it was before I got a meter and the damage was unrecorded)

So, like @bulkbiker I will draw the curtains, turn out the lights and avoid the front room - hiding from the monsters

:D

Just give em a multivitamin tab & tell them it's "ecstasy". The parents will be reluctant to bring the little darlings round in successive years...!

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing springs to mind :)
Just give em a multivitamin tab & tell them it's "ecstasy". The parents will be reluctant to bring the little darlings round in successive years...!

ROFLMFAO! :D

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pressure washer and tasers ha ha sounds like you live on my estate.

I think for me the concept of Halloween is awful. I never allowed my girls to go 'begging' for sweets and money. I'm not too keen on my granddaughter going but she's not my child, I dont make the rules for her. I found my eldest had been trick or treating one year and had got herself a pile of money. I made her give it to a homeless fella selling the Big Issue here in the UK. Not sure she learnt a lesson but it stopped her spending loads of money on rubbish

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Take a pumpkin and hollow it out on the inside to about 3/4 inch thickness all round on the inside, reserving the lid and making it the same thickness. Roast the seeds and take the seeds along iwth the flesh you have scraped and cook it with some water. Mix in some pecans, some previously sauteed onions that are transparent, some previously cooked sausage and stuff the inside of the pumpkin with it. Stuff the pumpkin with your mixture and put the lid on top with the stem. Bake it in a hot oven on a cookie sheet or other flat pan, about 400 degrees until the outside is cooked through and you can easily pierce the lid with a skewer.Put it on a big tray and put your roasted seeds in a bowl alongside.

What does pumpkin taste like? I would buy them for the girls but wouldnt know what to do with whatever came out of it. I wasnt too keen on the smell. Was just curious as to what it tasted like

Reactions: mist
M

mist

What does pumpkin taste like? I would buy them for the girls but wouldnt know what to do with whatever came out of it. I wasnt too keen on the smell. Was just curious as to what it tasted like

Apparently is pretty bland, only reason I ever buy pumpkin is to put it on my head. For this, they are truly magnificent.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just bumping this thread, in case anyone needs any last minute survival tips.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I bought some small packages of cheese and breadsticks because I knew I would eat the candy right now. We have a new fence with locking gate and no one bothered us at all. I am donating the cheese and breadsticks to the local food pantry because we tried them and do not like them.

Reactions: mist
M

mist

I bought some small packages of cheese and breadsticks because I knew I would eat the candy right now. We have a new fence with locking gate and no one bothered us at all. I am donating the cheese and breadsticks to the local food pantry because we tried them and do not like them.

I'm a cheese freak! Send it my way..:D

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I'm a cheese freak! Send it my way..:D
I would you know. I love cheese too and thought we could use the small packages when we were out for snacks for mom. It says cheddar on the label but it is not, it's a goopy orange sweet mess of a salty sauce and dry tasteless sticks of cracker.

M

mist

I would you know. I love cheese too and thought we could use the small packages when we were out for snacks for mom. It says cheddar on the label but it is not, it's a goopy orange sweet mess of a salty sauce and dry tasteless sticks of cracker.

On second thoughts, you can hang onto it..:p:yuck: