Bread!

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Does anyone know if Hovis Nimble Bread is ok? Not a fan of white bread so I'm looking to find something acceptable

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's not bad at 9.2g carbs per slice, there's not many better than that. Burgen Soya & Linseed is about 11g per slice, Liv-life and Hi-Lo are 4-5g per slice but they are tiny size. There's always Lidl High Protein Rolls which I think are lovely and are around 10g carbs per roll.

Reactions: Sean-W

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
It's not bad at 9.2g carbs per slice, there's not many better than that. Burgen Soya & Linseed is about 11g per slice, Liv-life and Hi-Lo are 4-5g per slice but they are tiny size. There's always Lidl High Protein Rolls which I think are lovely and are around 10g carbs per roll.

Are these prepacked or fresh?

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Lidl rolls are freshly baked in store and thus individually available at 29p each. The others mentioned are prepacked sliced

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Defining ok is the trick.
Best to test before and after eating to see how it affects your BG's, by itself and then as part of a meal. Takes time to figure out what you can and might not do.
Best

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I tried half a toasted Lidl roll just this lunch-time with avocado, spinach and mackerel, and went from 4.8 to 5.2 after 2 hours (I did also have yogurt and nuts, but good to see a shop bought bread can work).

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Weight Watchers Malted Danish Sliced has about 9g carbs per slice and I quite like it, and it does not particularly spike me but as has been said you need to test for your self to know if OK for you.

A

asparagusp

Vogel Soya and Linseed bread is better. - Have a look - http://vogelsbread.co.uk/soya-linseed-loaf-vogels-seeded-bread/
LOWVogel_Loaf_800g_SoyaLinseed-copy-1024x724.jpg

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Does anyone know if Hovis Nimble Bread is ok? Not a fan of white bread so I'm looking to find something acceptable
It's pretty awful tasting though, and makes lousy toast. I'm also a fan of Lidl protein rolls. I can eat 2 without going over 7. Burgen is great as toast and really tasty. They do a small size one too, which is about 2/3rds the carbs.