Butter

sohailgagai

I want to eat bran bread with my tea can I use butter what type of butter is low in carb are there any available pls guide

M

mist

Sweet delicious butter! Where would we be without it?

We'd be using mayonnaise instead, that's where.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
There is almost no carbs in butter (0.1gms in 100gms of butter). It's one of the things we can enjoy and is good for us.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why unsalted? I'm not a great lover of butter but if your low carbing you need salt - and it is so much nicer otherwise to me it just tastes meh even the little bit I have

Reactions: Prem51

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IT's better to use centrifuged butter, so be wary that most Italian butter is made from floatation during the making of cheese, namely Grana Padano an Parmigiano Reggiano, so because the process is aimed to get a good cheese the butter obtained isn't of the best quality possible. There's also the serum butter that is the cheaper and lower quality one.

A

asparagusp

Low carbohydraters not getting enough salt? Do they not eat bacon, vegetables cooked in salted water etc. Me, I hate salted butter anyway.

Thanks Mike for the low down on Italian butter. Italy is my favourite country and I have been there often but I have never eaten their butter! I will make a point next time.

Is Spain the same?

Last edited by a moderator:

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After living in Spain for 15 years the normal butter served is unsalted

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I use butter all the time but hate the taste of the salt in it!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I want to eat bran bread with my tea can I use butter what type of butter is low in carb are there any available pls guide
Butter is of itself low carb, so is fine to eat! However what you DON'T want to use are any of the low fat/lite butter type spreads as they will definitely be "carby" to make up for their reduced fat content.:yuck::yuck::yuck:

Robbity
PS I's agree with @bulkbiker about the bran bread so check it for carbohydrate content.