Flourless Bread!

A

asparagusp

I noticed this in Wholefood yesterday. Bread made with seeds and other ingredients like Gojo berries but no flour! Anybody seen it or bought it. Expensive at £4 but it looks delicious. There are three varieties and it seems under the range "Heart Of The Matter"

Reactions: mist
M

mist

Not even Hilary Clinton buys £4 a loaf bread..:hungry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not even Hilary Clinton buys £4 a loaf bread..:hungry:

Depends on the current exchange rate on the dollar & sterling I suppose..?
The cost of living is a little higher in @asparagusp 's geographic location too, I believe?!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, if you want bread without the carbs, there's all sorts of low carb "flour less" breads that you could make yourself using nut or seed flours (e.g almond, coconut, peanut, sesame) or even spinach(! :wideyed:) and you can add whatever extra ingredients you fancy to the basic mix to suit both you taste and your pocket (bottomless or otherwise...) :D:D

Robbity

Reactions: asparagusp
A

asparagusp

No that bread looks really yummy. I'm frightened too if I use my oven as each time I do the smoke alarm goes on and you can't turn it off!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No that bread looks really yummy. I'm frightened too if I use my oven as each time I do the smoke alarm goes on and you can't turn it off!

Wafting it with a large fan or news paper will stop it.. Or rip the 9v battery out??

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use large lettuce leaves. Or there are recipes with cauliflower or spinach or egg omelet type things.
Not sure how peanut butter would taste on it, or butter but everything else goes great on lettuce wraps.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use large lettuce leaves. Or there are recipes with cauliflower or spinach or egg omelet type things.
Not sure how peanut butter would taste on it, or butter but everything else goes great on lettuce wraps.
Peanut butter is fabulous on lettuce - I love to wrap crispy duck in it too - my goto dish for a takeaway

D

Deleted member 308541

Wafting it with a large fan or news paper will stop it.. Or rip the 9v battery out??
All smoke alarms in Queensland have to be hardwired into the power supply now. Ours is hardwired, but it has a little battery in it that is similar to Exit sign lights when the power goes off.

So keep on wafting till it stops, and be more careful when cooking next time.

Cat0409_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
All smoke alarms in Queensland have to be hardwired into the power supply now. Ours is hardwired, but it has a little battery in it that is similar to Exit sign lights when the power goes off..

No they don't. Maybe on new builds or if a house is on sold now. I rent and ours still has a 9v battery that is checked every 6 months by our real estate agent.
Ours goes off every time we boil water or the occasional burning of cooking attempts by OH.

And I definitely vote for trying some of the recipes to make your own.
I make an almond type bread in the microwave and then cut it in half on the short side and make French toast. I serve it up with Queen maple syrup (0 carbs), yoghurt and a few berries. Its very yummy

D

Deleted member 308541

No they don't. Maybe on new builds or if a house is on sold now. I rent and ours still has a 9v battery that is checked every 6 months by our real estate agent.
I do not know where in Queensland you live, but here is the new rulings from the Queensland Government.

It is to protect people from their own stupidity if they do not fit a smoke alarm or replace flat batteries..

https://www.qld.gov.au/emergency/safety/smoke-alarms.html

Cat0409_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I do not know where in Queensland you live, but here is the new rulings from the Queensland Government.

It is to protect people from their own stupidity if they do not fit a smoke alarm or replace flat batteries..

https://www.qld.gov.au/emergency/safety/smoke-alarms.html

If the home has been built or renovated substantially or changed ownership are the key points.
Our house is pre 1997, it has not changed ownership nor been substantially renovated so battery alarms are still fine n dandy. It is a rental that's how they get away with it