Case/holster for 640g?

Pitsgate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've just got the Minimed 640g to replace the paradigm and have been quite happy with it so far (the smartguard works!).
One issue tho is the lack of a holster/case. I never used the belt clip on the paradigm, always had it in the leather case it came with (or if I wanted to conceal the pump I used a leg or a torso strap).
Now... I find it fiddly having to unclip the belt clip off the belt every time I need to look at the pump - as opposed to just lifting the pump out of the holster as with the paradigm. And as the 640g has a colour screen it's much more of an interest to my toddler so am also missing the flip down screen cover!
Very small potatoes this... but it is bugging me. So far my search has produced all sorts of soft pouch options but nothing with a snug fit and a velcro closure flip cover (not sure how to best describe it - other paradigm users hopefully know what I mean?).
Basically, I'm set in my ways and just want something very similar to the paradigms leather clear view case :).
Has anyone else had this (minor) issue & discovered a product to solve it? Many thanks.

AmandaD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
can't help ya but it annoys me too, I hate the fact that the 640g cannot be rotated sideways......

Pitsgate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey! Thanks, nice to know I'm not totally alone with my irritation :).
I asked Medtronic who swiftly replied and said the cases for the paradigm 754 can be used with the 640G ("you would need to remove the belt clip before being able to enter them in the pouch" hah).
Medtronic only has one type for series 7 it seems. Looks like it is rotational - but no flip cover so the display would still be on display, which is a shame. My search continues, I think.

adrian29459

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm in agreement with your argument, I'd love for some more case/clip options for the 640G. I find the belt clip larger than the previous pump and it seems to slide round my belts which can be irritating when walking along. The main problem I find is the clip digging into my sides when wearing shorts and running. I've had lost of scrapes and cuts from the pump clip, but can't find a better alternative to hold my pump while running. Medtronic's sports T shirt with inner pockets is always out of stock and even then the price is steep (£46.50)

zebs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had the 640 for 1 month. The belt clip provided is really flimsy and keeps falling of when I am doing exercise. Unsurprisingly it has now fell apart when I caught it on something. Never had any problems with the veo belt clip. Medtronic gave me a spare belt clip for the veo because they broke too easily. Its surprising that they have now brought out a more flimsy belt clip for the upgrade! I have been told that there is no alternative by Medtronic

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi I bought a pump holder off EBay, it's a Lycra belt which the pump slots into, very comfy to wear and great for exercise as keeps the pump secure, I think it was about £12, wouldn't use anything else now :)

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
I have had the 640 for 1 month. The belt clip provided is really flimsy and keeps falling of when I am doing exercise. Unsurprisingly it has now fell apart when I caught it on something. Never had any problems with the veo belt clip. Medtronic gave me a spare belt clip for the veo because they broke too easily. Its surprising that they have now brought out a more flimsy belt clip for the upgrade! I have been told that there is no alternative by Medtronic
Strange that, the belt clip on mine is sturdy. It doesn't slide off its fixing point at all.

Regards

Martin

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
I use a Hid In belt for mine at night in bed or if I'm exercising, really comfy and easy access but keeps pump well hidden, plus can be worn in a number of different ways. www.Hid-In.com. The lady who makes them is a pump user herself and ships worldwide. She does special pump underwear too which is lovely. :)