Problems with my butt..

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Good job on getting it out -I have a scary story about that that I am going to keep to myself for now since you got it out. Look at all the support you got for a tiny needle prick though! Good job sorting it out.

M

mist

Good job on getting it out -I have a scary story about that that I am going to keep to myself for now since you got it out. Look at all the support you got for a tiny needle prick though! Good job sorting it out.

I like scary stories..do tell :nailbiting:

Reactions: Freema

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My aunt, who was type 1 loved to sew. She made quilts by hand and so used quite a few pins and needles. She started having horrible pains in her left heel. She went to her doctor many times and told him she was having needle sharp pains in her left foot but not the right. This foot got swollen and progressed to an infection that could not be controlled with antibiotics. She had to have an amputation.They xrayed the foot just before surgery and saw a strange shape on the xray. The surgeon extracted a quilting needle from her heel. She told him "See I told you I felt like I had a needle in my foot."
How's your butt?

M

mist

My aunt, who was type 1 loved to sew. She made quilts by hand and so used quite a few pins and needles. She started having horrible pains in her left heel. She went to her doctor many times and told him she was having needle sharp pains in her left foot but not the right. This foot got swollen and progressed to an infection that could not be controlled with antibiotics. She had to have an amputation.They xrayed the foot just before surgery and saw a strange shape on the xray. The surgeon extracted a quilting needle from her heel. She told him "See I told you I felt like I had a needle in my foot."
How's your butt?

Brutal! She still had to lose the foot? Why didn't they do an X-ray sooner!

Yea my butt is good now :p

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brutal! She still had to lose the foot? Why didn't they do an X-ray sooner!

Yea my butt is good now :p
Yes but she wasn't injecting her insulin either. She was very non-compliant and just refused to eat anything after the amputation. She wouldn't go to the surgeon after the referral from the doctor, she was taken by ambulance and very sick by the time she got to the hospital. I think this is where part of my fear of losing weight comes from. She was a very large woman earlier in life and became very thin and very sick just before being diagnosed. Thank you, I hadn't realized the connection until just now.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Is this winner in the ironic way or did you actually enjoy it?

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never injected in the bum region bruises on my legs can hurt at times i dont think i want to have pain sitting down ;)

Mist you could have a catch the pigeon spin off cartoon

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Glad you're ok now :facepalm:

I injected for over 2 years into my bum - always basal, never had an issue, it's a good area to use instead of your tum or thigh, just try using a mirror first maybe, I only had the odd sting but no pain, it's the best area for basal injections IMHO ;)

M

mist

You want stories about buttocks? lol

jPAdK8Nfzzwt2.gif

M

mist

Glad you're ok now :facepalm:

I injected for over 2 years into my bum - always basal, never had an issue, it's a good area to use instead of your tum or thigh, just try using a mirror first maybe, I only had the odd sting but no pain, it's the best area for basal injections IMHO ;)

I am determined to teach my butt to accept what I give it! :joyful: