Toddler looking for friends :)

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all my 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 about 6 weeks ago now. She's being so understanding of it all but I would love her to meet other toddlers/children who inject! Just so she can see that it's something others do too!! We're from Derby. Let us know!!

A

asparagusp

She's a cutie! Not many people online right now so bump the thread tomorrow if you can or it will just drop into oblivion.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @Skye's_mummy
sorry can't help with same age friends -- but
JDRF do a fab starter info for young toddlers diagnosed -- link here https://jdrf.org.uk/my-child-lives-with-type-1-diabetes/

I can't begin to tell you how much I empathise with you ------------ I was that child myself long ago ( but not that young )

keep posting and we will find someone in your locality

all the best
x

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Skye's_mummy
sorry can't help with same age friends -- but
JDRF do a fab starter info for young toddlers diagnosed -- link here https://jdrf.org.uk/my-child-lives-with-type-1-diabetes/

I can't begin to tell you how much I empathise with you ------------ I was that child myself long ago ( but not that young )

keep posting and we will find someone in your locality

all the best
x

Thanks very much it's hard as she doesn't totally understand what's going on, also hypo's are sooo difficult to spot as she's a typical two year old (massive mood swings) that's why I really want her to understand that other people do the same as her every day too. So she doesn't just think I'm being cruel injecting her.

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm in Nottingham so not too far away. Let me know if you're ever in this neck of the woods. Both myself and my 11 year old daughter are type 1 so she gets 2 of us stabbing ourselves :D

That's great my partner works in Nottingham so im pretty familiar with there!!

Reactions: himtoo