1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Toddler looking for friends :)

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by Skye's_mummy, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Skye's_mummy

Skye's_mummy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all my 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 about 6 weeks ago now. She's being so understanding of it all but I would love her to meet other toddlers/children who inject! Just so she can see that it's something others do too!! We're from Derby. Let us know!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. asparagusp

asparagusp · Guest

Welcome Skye's_mummy.

3. Skye's_mummy

4. asparagusp

asparagusp · Guest

She's a cutie! Not many people online right now so bump the thread tomorrow if you can or it will just drop into oblivion.

5. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Skye's_mummy
    sorry can't help with same age friends -- but
    JDRF do a fab starter info for young toddlers diagnosed -- link here https://jdrf.org.uk/my-child-lives-with-type-1-diabetes/

I can't begin to tell you how much I empathise with you ------------ I was that child myself long ago ( but not that young )

keep posting and we will find someone in your locality

all the best
    x

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Skye's_mummy

Thanks she's a real superstar!

7. Skye's_mummy

Thanks very much it's hard as she doesn't totally understand what's going on, also hypo's are sooo difficult to spot as she's a typical two year old (massive mood swings) that's why I really want her to understand that other people do the same as her every day too. So she doesn't just think I'm being cruel injecting her.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Skye's_mummy

That's great my partner works in Nottingham so im pretty familiar with there!!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook