employment and support

derryginnylad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have many complecations with my diabeties and have been told by two doctors that I cannot work I have been on employment and support allowance but have been informed that my payments will cease from 28th nov that leaves me with 220 a mth dla to live on has anyone else been hit with this problem

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi and welcome to the forum @derryginnylad

I'll 'bump' your post up the forum in the hope that someone will reply to your thread and help.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I have many complecations with my diabeties and have been told by two doctors that I cannot work I have been on employment and support allowance but have been informed that my payments will cease from 28th nov that leaves me with 220 a mth dla to live on has anyone else been hit with this problem
It sounds as if you are on contribution based ESA if this is the case then ask for the forms to change over to IR (income related) I'm assuming this is the case and you haven't failed an assessment recently.

Reactions: derryginnylad

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
From memory gov.uk do this transition for you. They work out your new income related esa payment for thereafter. No need to re-apply.
However if you've been unsuccessful in a new medical/assessment then your payments may stop. Call esa for clarification. As they will encourage you to apply for jsa in the intrim of an appeal, if need be. I hope this helps!

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
With ESA payments you have to get a doctors note to confirm your non fitness for work or they stop your payments

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
With ESA payments you have to get a doctors note to confirm your non fitness for work or they stop your payments
That only applies whilst in the assessment phase. once in wrag or support group you do not need to supply a fit not.
From memory gov.uk do this transition for you. They work out your new income related esa payment for thereafter. No need to re-apply.
You have to fill in a form for IR otherwise the benefit is stopped.