Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning. 5.7 this morning, confused as I was stressed & ate a sainsburys small portion of fruite crumble which I've not eaten since being diagnosed Exspected high bgs

Reactions: Tim55

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
27/11 - Morning.

(Forgot to take my Insulin yesterday = that's the Morphine to blame!
And I had a 23 .2 before bed, which I have never been that high.)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning. 5.7 this morning, confused as I was stressed & ate a sainsburys small portion of fruite crumble which I've not eaten since being diagnosed Exspected high bgs

@maureen5752 - that is a good result you had this morning. - Well Done. William x

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.9 for me today

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well after all that snacking yesterday I was amazed with a reading of 4.1 this morning.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
27/11 - Morning.

(Forgot to take my Insulin yesterday = that's the Morphine to blame!
And I had a 23 .2 before bed, which I have never been that high.)
Set your reminder William. Don't let them get any higher. Its important! I'll do same. ♡♥♡

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
96 mg/dl ~ 5.3 mmol but post breakfast was nice... 80mg/dl ~ 4.4 mmol

15134602_10154844682119445_1401347382653659836_n.jpg
Hey, I used to like those Korean dumplings- are they OK, spike-wise?

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
5.8 again this morning and (amazingly) 5.8 after one hour, and again when testing at almost two hours! This muesli I'm concocting for breakfasts is surely a winner!
Recipe
Oats. Chia seeds. Flax seeds. Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds. Minute amount of raisins, dried cranberries, and Rye flakes. I now allow myself three tablespoonfuls, and then add about 7 Raspberries and five Blueberries and pour Almond milk over. Tasty ... Filling and definitely suiting me!

Reactions: Tim55 and callyandy

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 again this morning and (amazingly) 5.8 after one hour, and again when testing at almost two hours! This muesli I'm concocting for breakfasts is surely a winner!
Recipe
Oats. Chia seeds. Flax seeds. Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds. Minute amount of raisins, dried cranberries, and Rye flakes. I now allow myself three tablespoonfuls, and then add about 7 Raspberries and five Blueberries and pour Almond milk over. Tasty ... Filling and definitely suiting me!
@Chasida hi hope you don't mind me asking, which oats do you use? Thanks

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
@Chasida hi hope you don't mind me asking, which oats do you use? Thanks
Hi Maureen. I buy the Scott's Porage Oats OLD FASHIONED. It says on the box Thick Scottish Milled Oats. I pour a substantial amount into an air tight container and then add all the other ingredients mentioned apart from the fresh berries. It's very filling and tasty too.

1954jessy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Fbg 7.1 with a solid five and a half hours undisturbed sleep. Definitely a liver dump after mince and dumpling for dinner. At least I could taste it yesterday.
Still left with breathing not right. I wonder how long naproxen takes to come out of my system? I'll have to find out or remember the average of old tablets take.
Hoping I'm not imagining but higher carb than 100g has got rid of palpatations? Had them before starting naproxen.
Hi ickihun. I got pneumonia in August from taking Naproxen. Now got heart problems. Still gets breathless even now. Told me take 6 months to get over it.

Seems like we had similar problems.

Reactions: callyandy

1954jessy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Morning All

5.3 for me today, after a couple of pints last night...

Ickihun - I reckon it takes about a week for Naproxen to clear my system, and about the same again for it to start working properly if (when) I have to go back on it.
Don't go back on to Naproxen if you can help it. I got pneumonia from it after it affected my kidneys.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Maureen. I buy the Scott's Porage Oats OLD FASHIONED. It says on the box Thick Scottish Milled Oats. I pour a substantial amount into an air tight container and then add all the other ingredients mentioned apart from the fresh berries. It's very filling and tasty too.
@Chasida. Thanks I will try that, I like porradge but sends bgs high so I'll try your recipe with nuts ect thanks agsin

Reactions: Liam1955