Approved Pump users/parents of pump users?

Hi everybody!

I registered here because I need some help.

My company, Fieldscope International, is currently looking for T1 and T2 patients or parents of T1 and T2 patients who are using a pump to take part in a research.

The objective of the study is to understand the experiences of patients and their loved ones when living with diabetes and taking Insulin.

For those ones who are London based the research takes place on Dec 14th - group or individual interview.

For those ones outside of London there is an option of telephone interview, anytime between Dec 12th and Dec 16th.

There is, of course, an incentive for all the interviews you take part in.

If anyone would be interested, please PM me, write me on [email protected] or call me on 01707566040. I'd be glad to give you more details.

Admins, if this post belongs somewhere else, please move it, or if it's not allowed in the forum at all, please feel free to lock it/delete it.

Many thanks for all the help!

Cheers

Monika

http://fieldscopeint.com/

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As far as I know..? T2s don't get issued with pumps..
Hell, they are lucky if they get a blood meter... ;)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Some may self fund possibly? I have read about some Type 2s using them. I may be misremembering or getting muddled but I think there's one Type 2 here who uses one.

Perhaps others can confirm that.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: azure

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I just remember his name @azure, and that he seemed to get brilliant results using the pump. It meant he needed much less insulin. I seem to recall that the consultant involved was fairly forward thinking.

Reactions: azure
Hi guys,

wanted to let you know all the places for telephone interviews for T1 are fully booked.

Now we're looking either for T1 on central location in London or T2 patients and parents of patients for telephone interviews.

At this point we're accepting both pump and non-pump users/parents of pump and non-pump users, since we want to have a mix.

meerkat

Hi there does anyone use a cooler bag frio for there insulin pump to help keep it cool in hot weather please can anyone help many thanks

manumc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there does anyone use a cooler bag frio for there insulin pump to help keep it cool in hot weather please can anyone help many thanks
Yes, been using Frio cooler bags for years, cloth bag inside a cloth bag but the inside one is stitched with enclosed pockets that contain small balls that when you put this bag into water turns to a gel and expands, take it out of the water and let it drip a bit then I can usually put quick acting and nighttime insulin pens plus extra vial cartridge of both insulins..you then put this into the outside bag which basically stops other items from getting wet, just need to remember to use cool water and check it about half way through the day to make sure that the bag is still cool, I bought 2 large Frio cool bags and have always been delighted that I purchased them.