Freestyle Libre sensor activation

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys - Just ordered my second sensor after activating my 1st sensor it took about 24 hrs to settle down and give correct readings - My question is that I know the sensors only last 14 days and I plan to attach the sensor 24 hrs before I activate it, but does the 14 days start from the day you attach the sensor or the day you activate it?? as I wish to get as many correct readings for my consultant as possible. Thanks... Also I wish to access the professional options so that I can change the insulin units and correction doses etc... does anyone know the code or do I need permission from my DNS?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
From activation for the countdown.
Sorry can't help with codes.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys - Just ordered my second sensor after activating my 1st sensor it took about 24 hrs to settle down and give correct readings - My question is that I know the sensors only last 14 days and I plan to attach the sensor 24 hrs before I activate it, but does the 14 days start from the day you attach the sensor or the day you activate it?? as I wish to get as many correct readings for my consultant as possible. Thanks... Also I wish to access the professional options so that I can change the insulin units and correction doses etc... does anyone know the code or do I need permission from my DNS?

I think @tim2000s or @robert72 gave me the code. Mhaving input it to my own reader, I have forgotten it. Sorry. :(

P.s. - deferring sensor activation by 24/48 hours seems effective for me.

Reactions: robert72

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also I wish to access the professional options so that I can change the insulin units and correction doses etc... does anyone know the code or do I need permission from my DNS?
Hi, it's CAA1C