Type 2 Can I take 2 x Metformin without the ok from my Doctor?

Hotpepper20000

Eat granary or wholemeal with added seeds etc
For most Type 2 even whole meal and sweet potatoes push up our BG. It might take a bit longer but the results the same. Chia, flax, and even sunflower seeds I can only have very moderately.
The only way to know for sure is to use your meter to test.

achike

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I strongly support and recommend low carbohydrate diet with minimal medication.

But remember that many of we medical doctors don't practice what we advice just like the Priests. That is the reality of life.

Low carb diet is good but I don't have the discipline and hence use regular exercise plus what I mentioned in my last posting.

Diabetes remains a complex condition manifesting in various ways in different people. What works for one might not work for another.

Is better to have good diabetic care professionals for guidance but eventually you must monitor and study your body. All diabetics able to control their blood sugar are like "mini doctors or nurses".

Sent from my E6683 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: ziggy_w and Freema

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Alright it seems that I have to give up the bread and rice, so I have no choice but to plant my own food now. What a bummer not being able to eat bread again.....

Wish there was never a thing like diabetes so sad I got this at 30 years old

I have a question what about eating my bread but waiting 1 hour for it to digest and then doing 20 minutes cardio?

I eat like 3 hops in 1 eating we have world class bakery bread here in the Caribbean I get the ones with no preservatives it tastes and smell like heaven.

Initially, I simply stopped eating things like this, as I went on a low calorie diet, ate less of everything, and lost a lot of weight that way.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
If I could I would change my title from Mbaker to 80/20 rule. The context of this is that if you are in the 80 (the side that can get excellent control or reversal), then the tools at your disposal are diet, exercise, fasting, lifestyle, drugs, meditation, sleep, stress management and perhaps a few other things. LCHF works well for T2, as it is truly sustainable and for meat / fish eaters an option other than RAW. Diet is the biggest and most important key, exercise adds about 20% if you mix cardio and resistance training. Fasting mixed with diet and exercise will again get you to your goals quicker. I would suggest that if you can do these (diet, exercise and fasting) you may not need drugs and your blood pressure should (80/20 rule) improve. So yes we are all different, but I would say most controlled T2's do at least one of the three in brackets.

john5220

Guys do you think I could take 2X 500mg Metforming without consulting my doctor?

Reason i ask is because in my country I get 60 free metforming 500mg a month so I end up throwing out 30 every month. I assume they give me 60 a month because thats what most people use?

Do I have to go back to the doctor to find out if I could take 1000mg metforming a day?

D

Deleted member 308541

Do I have to go back to the doctor to find out if I could take 1000mg metforming a day?
Yes, you should go back to your GP for his advice, as the majority of the members on this forum including me do not have a medical degree to safely advise you.

john5220

Yes, you should go back to your GP for his advice, as the majority of the members on this forum including me do not have a medical degree to safely advise you.

I just don't know why I should go back and pay him more money to tell me if I could take 1000mg

Whats the worst that could happen if I take 1000mg? yesterday I took 500mg mid day and 500mg in the night and I am still alive.

D

Deleted member 308541

Whats the worst that could happen if I take 1000mg? yesterday I took 500mg mid day and 500mg in the night and I am still alive.
I do not know what will happen to you long term, you might be alive today but you could go into some kind of toxic shock or something from the overdose.

See your GP and be safe.