Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

6.1 for me today.

Eyeguy confirmed I have some bleeding in my right eye, but we both hope it is historic, dating back to when I was first diagnosed. Stressed importance of low FBG, made me stress a little about my last Hba1c of 37.

Just got back from GP - now on blood pressures tablets too, but told me it was too soon to repeat Hba1c and I should be happy with my blood figures.

Few days NHS free now, before blood tests, electromyography, MRI and MRCP next Thursday and Friday. I guess I am getting my moneys worth......

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.2 up from 7.5 yesterday? did not sleep very well :( legs a bit too shaky and tested at 1.40am and I was at 14.2 no idea what that was all about? I did have a custard cream and coffee at 9.30 pm (peckish) which in the big scheme of things is nothing and done this before, and after a low carb meal at 7.pm. I Guess my liver was having some sort of late night dump and crisis or rant the wazac! sorry for the long post i'm just a little bit mistified

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
21/1 Does anyone have an explanation. On waking the reading was 4.6 ten minute later 5.1 another ten minutes 5.8 . The latter being what I would expect.
Meter was calibrated a month ago and a double reading taken on Wednesday was both 5.9

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
21/1 Does anyone have an explanation. On waking the reading was 4.6 ten minute later 5.1 another ten minutes 5.8 . The latter being what I would expect.
Meter was calibrated a month ago and a double reading taken on Wednesday was both 5.9

It's known as the Dawn phenomenon it's when your liver senses your waking and naturally starts to produce more glucose to fuel your body for activity........unfortunately..for diabetics our livers contain too much glucose so the release can be erratic and until we get the bs down can carry on releasing excess glucose ( quite natural) in my case for about 7 months...so stick with it

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 4.5 at 0630 today!
As it was Friday I had fish noodle soup last night, and I haven't been eating the papaya and mango on the beach for the last two days.

Reactions: Keesha and Tim55

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
21/1 - Morning.

9.4 - (needed Morphine before bed)

Reactions: Tim55