Remission .. yea really !

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am totally and completely amazed ... and am still coming to terms with my T2 remission ... tonight I had my nemesis .. a veggie home made Chinese dinner .. yes fried rice with peas .. black bean sauce with mixed veg .. chow main with noodles .. sweet and sour sauce .. no spring roll because the other half could not find any that were without rapeseed oil in .. and forgot I can eat the oil without a problem .. unlike her who would be ill for a few days ..
Anyway a few years back .. this meal sent my bs up into double figures .. tonight I peeked at 5.6 ... happy days ... remission .. I am thinking yea .. really !!!!! still taking a little getting used to ...
I hope that many of you that are getting to grips with carb reducing .. get it in to your head that it may not be forever ... and really go for it .. I did my 20g of carbs a day for a few years and did not know when I went into remission .. and am still looking at my sugar levels ... but o it feels so good when a treat turns in to a success story

Reactions: MsMelis

grant12888

I am totally and completely amazed ... and am still coming to terms with my T2 remission ... tonight I had my nemesis .. a veggie home made Chinese dinner .. yes fried rice with peas .. black bean sauce with mixed veg .. chow main with noodles .. sweet and sour sauce .. no spring roll because the other half could not find any that were without rapeseed oil in .. and forgot I can eat the oil without a problem .. unlike her who would be ill for a few days ..
Anyway a few years back .. this meal sent my bs up into double figures .. tonight I peeked at 5.6 ... happy days ... remission .. I am thinking yea .. really !!!!! still taking a little getting used to ...
I hope that many of you that are getting to grips with carb reducing .. get it in to your head that it may not be forever ... and really go for it .. I did my 20g of carbs a day for a few years and did not know when I went into remission .. and am still looking at my sugar levels ... but o it feels so good when a treat turns in to a success story
Im only 4 weeks in with LCHF and getting BG of 10 or 11 do you think this will improve with time

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@grant12888 welcome to the forum! There's a bit of a learning curve with the LCHF diet. Look for support here, also on the Low-carb Diet Forum here... http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/low-carb-diet-forum.18/

What was your glucose level when you started 4 weeks ago?

Everyone has a unique response to the various foods, but in general grains, legumes, fruit (and sugar, of course) will push glucose levels higher. It took about 4 weeks for my glucose levels to stabilize on the low carbohydrate ketogenic diet, then my glucose levels continued to drop in small increments over the next year. Glad I stuck with it. Hope you do too!

@Enclave that's fantastic news. Gives me hope. I also believe in the body's ability to heal. Congratulations! :)

Reactions: Enclave

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Im only 4 weeks in with LCHF and getting BG of 10 or 11 do you think this will improve with time
I started with my bs in the mid 20's .. slowly reducing my carbs down to 20g a day (its not good to crash straight in to very low carb) I got to enjoy my new low carb way of eating and had all my bs readings in the normal rage for well over a year .. I don't know when remission set in.. but it did .. Yes I would say keep at it .. I did not look for revision .. only good control .. What were your blood sugars before low carb .. ? If its on the way down then it should keep reducing as you get more used to LCHF way of eating

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Have you gone back to high carb now, or was that a one off?

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you gone back to high carb now, or was that a one off?
It was kinda a one off as I don't enjoy high carbs like I used to .. but have eaten several high carb things with no jump in bs so far .. bread rolls, trifles, cheese cake, bar of chocolate .. steam pudding .. jacket potatoes .. just as part of a meal not as a special event ..

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Congratulations!!!

What is your latest HBA1c results?

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations!!!

What is your latest HBA1c results?
My latest results were over a year ago, I test before and after eating to see what my sugar levels are doing/