Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Last night before bed I had a large spoon of full fat yogurt in line with a post on the site,low and behold it's broken the high BG levels I've had recently. Started on rising this morning with5.1 BG at7.05 coffee with cream1.35 after lunch omelette mushrooms cheese tomato and 2 rashers bacon side salad BG 2 hrs later4.9 evening meal pork loin and stuffing cabbage and cauliflower BG 5.8 before bed 30 g seeds nuts coffee with cream.
Well done, you have beaten your liver to the dumps! Can you keep doing the same thing? I missed it out over Christmas and my hba1c suffered as a result.
I bet you feel great now you have full control of this blasted diabetes?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
5.1 today 8 am, and yes ickihun I do feel great never been able to understand how to maintain this devil but through this site and advice after 17/18 years uncontrolled diabetes I've now got the means to do this.And the wonderful bonus is the amount of body fat you lose so again I cannot thank everyone who has helped me enough to enable me to achieve this. But I still have a way to go yet so I've no doubt I will be asking lots more questions yet.You don't get rid of that easy Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: berylc and Prem51

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well done everyone looks like there are quite a lot more in control out there it is a great feeling isn't it!!

Reactions: KezG and berylc

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ickihun your doing great in the 3s but I have a coffee with cream first thing I do it seem to help with the liver dump!

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Back to testing in the morning, it's not good today after very little sleep last night (won't watch Silent Witness again before bed, scary last programme!). After about 2 1/2 hrs sleep

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Beryl's it was a scary scene with her in that coffin underground and alive gives you nightmare, I do like Silent Witness and I didn't sleep well last night either,but it was more to do with my grandson ringing the bell at 1-30 this morning than anything else.

Reactions: Prem51 and berylc

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry Ichihun you asked if you can carry on having something high fat before bed,I cannot remember who posted it on here but I know I read it doing this seems to have done the trick for me,try cream in a drink before bed see what your reading is next day.I felt it was a one off if it didn't work so nothing ventured nothing gained it was worrying me the BG rising has it was that's my reason for trying it,I haven't needed to do it since but I have a coffee with cream around 8 pm every night again the first drink in morning after BG test.Hope it's some use to you has it was for me.

Reactions: wiseowl_123

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Back to testing in the morning, it's not good today after very little sleep last night (won't watch Silent Witness again before bed, scary last programme!). After about 2 1/2 hrs sleep

Welcome back @berylc . Lovely to see your post. :)

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Interesting! You have this before bedtime to bring your FBG down? And it helps?
He may be on insulin @PenfoldAPD . More insulin than carb content WILL reduce your bg. Only none diabetics I know could cope with such a supper without a rise! Insulin users can get more leeway but the more insulin the worse insulin resistance becomes. Progress in the wrong direction for me with such a supper.
Mind u some can sustain honey without too much of a rise. But definitely a rise without insulin!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He may be on insulin @PenfoldAPD . More insulin than carb content WILL reduce your bg. Only none diabetics I know could cope with such a supper without a rise! Insulin users can get more leeway but the more insulin the worse insulin resistance becomes. Progress in the wrong direction for me with such a supper.
Mind u some can sustain honey without too much of a rise. But definitely a rise without insulin!

Ah good point. Generally I avoid honey!! Your FBG's looking good. Mine doing ok (I know that, however much I beat myself up!) looking forward to regular swimming routine again next week now finally almost shaken my cold.