Weekly weigh in - Fridays

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Early Friday morning weigh in.

This morning I was 98.9kg.

I am down 1.1kg this week.
I am down 35.1kg since starting on 4th Sept last year.

Interestingly I was at the gym last night and was on the treadmill. The guy next to me was of a similar physique to me in Sept 2016. He was really going for it on the treadmill, much more than me. I definitely think that the major difference, why I am the new svelte me and he isn't, is LCHF. Without doubt exercise is good but diet is VITAL for weight loss. Thank god i found this site!

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
193.5 pounds at swimming pool yesterday - stayed same this week. But have lost 26.5 lbs since diagnosis 5 months ago, still over weight but not obese. Its funny with lchf, for me it'll stay the same for a week then suddenly go down 2 pounds.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
hurray, hurray, hurray
I've lost.
130.70kgs this morning, I checked twice. Maybe metformin making a difference, at last.
Was 133.70 so lost 3kgs = 6.6lb this week. Water retention tried it on last night then decided otherwise. :) :) :)
Same weight but still have a water balloon as a tummy. Nothing shifts it. Walking is extremely painful again and breathing reacting to the pain. oh and codeine is blocking me up.
I might do ablushions then re-weigh myself?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
193.5 pounds at swimming pool yesterday - stayed same this week. But have lost 26.5 lbs since diagnosis 5 months ago, still over weight but not obese. Its funny with lchf, for me it'll stay the same for a week then suddenly go down 2 pounds.
I hope I do the same! Well done on your weight loss, impressive over 5 mths.
I'm sooo impatient. I want my weight off now. :(

Reactions: Liam1955

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
I hope I do the same! Well done on your weight loss, impressive over 5 mths.
I'm sooo impatient. I want my weight off now. :(
Oh, thankyou, @ickihun! Got a bit discouraged, so many people seem to lose massive amounts so quickly but mine is very slow. I'm sure you'll do great! We can encourage each other

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
wow oh wow. 80.9. There must be a built in weight delay and I am sure to go up next week. Food wise this week has been less naughty than I thought. Just wait until the medieval banquet tonight. Long story short Saturday fiasco. gridlock, Hot rods opening gala - ahem; trapped in museum = late for restaurant. gridlock, give up - Ikea salad bar! Class hey but very tasty.
Birthday cake = Aldi new york cheesecake. One modest slice and not my fault I ate the crunble base. It was in me befoere I realised.
Cosmo fantastic. I am forgetting to consider anything in the sauces so much choice in carvery , curry and veg dishes. I had one teaspoon creme sans brulee. Pure pleasure. But I was starving all the next day.
Wednesday see dn. Hbaic 44! Joy. Statins lecture. Doseage dropped from 140mg pw to 30mg pw. Nice to know the doseage is sooo very flexible and she gave her blessing on the shopping list for the dietdoctor 2 week challenge which we start tomorrow. We had the Tex Mex Wednesday and Thursday. Very yum.

Hubby decided to use the diet doctor list -in Lidl -on his own. He could not find the eggs never mind chipotle paste ( I do not know what that is myself). Poor DH is still in a state of nervous shock. Got me 4 protein rolls though.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
wow oh wow. 80.9. There must be a built in weight delay and I am sure to go up next week. Food wise this week has been less naughty than I thought. Just wait until the medieval banquet tonight. Long story short Saturday fiasco. gridlock, Hot rods opening gala - ahem; trapped in museum = late for restaurant. gridlock, give up - Ikea salad bar! Class hey but very tasty.
Birthday cake = Aldi new york cheesecake. One modest slice and not my fault I ate the crunble base. It was in me befoere I realised.
Cosmo fantastic. I am forgetting to consider anything in the sauces so much choice in carvery , curry and veg dishes. I had one teaspoon creme sans brulee. Pure pleasure. But I was starving all the next day.
Wednesday see dn. Hbaic 44! Joy. Statins lecture. Doseage dropped from 140mg pw to 30mg pw. Nice to know the doseage is sooo very flexible and she gave her blessing on the shopping list for the dietdoctor 2 week challenge which we start tomorrow. We had the Tex Mex Wednesday and Thursday. Very yum.

Hubby decided to use the diet doctor list -in Lidl -on his own. He could not find the eggs never mind chipotle paste ( I do not know what that is myself). Poor DH is still in a state of nervous shock. Got me 4 protein rolls though.

Chipotle is a smokey chilli; quite delicious, to my taste. All the big supermarkets (Tesco, Waitrose, ASDA, Morrisons, Sainsbury's) stock it.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
137.6 lbs today, 9 lbs down from the end of December, and more importantly my visceral fat has decreased from 8 then to 6 today. :)
It seems the 7/11 musical scales were quite accurate as I weighed myself on them on Tuesday was 62.7 kgs (138.2 lbs) but I was wearing shorts, vest and sandals.
The Thai diet has reduced my bs levels to an average of 5.5 during January as well as my weight. I've already booked accomodation for next winter!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
10 St 8 Lbs this morning that's 2Lb down from last week I think.

Reactions: Prem51

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Chipotle is a smokey chilli; quite delicious, to my taste. All the big supermarkets (Tesco, Waitrose, ASDA, Morrisons, Sainsbury's) stock it.

Sounds tasty. I look forward to trying it. We only need to go to our corner shop tomorrow (Farmfoods) but we will pass every one of the named stores within the week and it sounds as if the co-op would stock it. The Tex Mex was amazing. I only used half the spice mix and it was still hot to our tastebuds. Had it for Wednesday tea and Thursday lunch. We were too full for a full meal Thursday night so I had an omelette to tide me over. I probably need to use the remaining half of the spice mix this week. I am going to have to reorder the meals on the menu planner because we have now used the mince but I do not think that will make a difference to the diet. Besides I have to wash up after making scrambled egg so I shall have 2 egg omelette every day. A calorie saving of 1 whole egg a day!!. Lol + meals we are too full to manage

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well have a wonderfull weekend everyone here ... and keep your spirit high :)

I have been eating much more this week , but also really burned more at my fitness center , but it makes me so hungry all the time, so all in all I have eaten much more of the forbidden fruit lots of blueberries and protein bars too with too much carb in them and even hot cocoa at the fitness... but did loose 0.5 kg anyway this week so now I am back in the 70´ties 79.5 kg this morning..

well guess I have been to rough on my body and that it actualy need much more food right now... so hopefully it will not affect my morning numbers too much...

Last edited:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Bows - 4 stone lost in a year! That is brilliant, Well Done :).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bows