Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone
I have started this thread to continue to measure my weight on a Friday. I do not belong to any weight loss support groups and feel there could be a lot Im missing out on from a support point of view. I measure my weight at the same time every Friday. You are welcome to join this thread with your own loss/challenge weeks.

10/3/16 - 3lb lost total lost to date - 17lbs

Last edited by a moderator:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great idea! I shan't be joining you myself as my weight loss is extremely slow (well stuck). I suppose I could pop in when the next pound finally decides to go. See you in 6 months then. :rolleyes::)

Very well done on what you have achieved so far.

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Good idea...and you will find it encouraging when others are doing it too. Why only Friday weighing in? I
n my case daily weighing has been better as my weight vary so much through out the week...should I weight more 'this Friday than last one'....it would feel quite depressing for dieting point of view.
Once I have those numbers from each day, I have been once a week totting them all up to see what is the average number and I've been following that trend.
Although I'm not on LCHF diet for weight's sake..it is nice bonus if it does go down and each and every pound lost is course of celebration for me:) My progress is so slow that if you don't mind, I would like to stay as background cheerer....'GO ON...YOU CAN DO IT!' ;)

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good idea...and you will find it encouraging when others are doing it too. Why only Friday weighing in? I
n my case daily weighing has been better as my weight vary so much through out the week...should I weight more 'this Friday than last one'....it would feel quite depressing for dieting point of view.
Once I have those numbers from each day, I have been once a week totting them all up to see what is the average number and I've been following that trend.
Although I'm not on LCHF diet for weight's sake..it is nice bonus if it does go down and each and every pound lost is course of celebration for me:) My progress is so slow that if you don't mind, I would like to stay as background cheerer....'GO ON...YOU CAN DO IT!' ;)
I am a woman, our weight fluctuates with water retention especially at that time of the month. Weekly is better for the average.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @Kyi
Congratulatios on this week and the weight loss to date
Mine is Sundays but I am happy to post on here as well. Is it weight loss only or gains as well?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I weigh my self daily as a recent study has shown that people who do so tend to lose weight faster and if they continue to do so once they have attained their desired weight do not put the weight back on.

This morning I weighed in at 13St 8lbs a loss since yesterday of 2lbs

Over the last few months have been losing on average 1 - 2lbs a day

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it weight loss only or gains as well?
Anything and everything. I find the more honest we are about our journey the more other people will realize its ok if you gain or stay the same because with time it will go down again

Reactions: 2 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I weigh my self daily as a recent study has shown that people who do so tend to lose weight faster and if they continue to do so once they have attained their desired weight do not put the weight back on.

This morning I weighed in at 13St 8lbs a loss since yesterday of 2lbs

Over the last few months have been losing on average 1 - 2lbs a day
Thats brilliant well done you. My own personal targets are to lose 2lb per week to keep my skins elasticity. Something us women worry about.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost all my weight but still weigh myself almost daily because of the danger of it all going back on again. It seems like a never ending job. :mad: I do see the odd fluctuation, but as long as any increases are less than 2lb and disappear again, I'm happy.

Whilst losing I weighed daily (and I'm female) and found this my best motivation. What is essential is to weigh yourself consistently, in the exact same circumstances, at each weigh-in. For me it was first thing in the morning straight after my fasting test, no clothes on, scales in the same spot.

I lost on average 2lbs a week, never more than 3lbs and never less than 1lbs. Very consistent. I think I was lucky.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your journeys and hope you are as successful as I was.

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I have lost all my weight but still weigh myself almost daily because of the danger of it all going back on again. It seems like a never ending job. :mad: I do see the odd fluctuation, but as long as any increases are less than 2lb and disappear again, I'm happy.

Whilst losing I weighed daily (and I'm female) and found this my best motivation. What is essential is to weigh yourself consistently, in the exact same circumstances, at each weigh-in. For me it was first thing in the morning straight after my fasting test, no clothes on, scales in the same spot...
I

Yep...that's what I'm doing too..same routine each morning and as long as the weekly average is fine..then I 'only' need to tweak my diet to adjust my blood sugars.
Only time I haven't weighed myself when I can see from the mirror that 'tummy is not looking right'..that's when I need to add extra bit of fibre..;)
Saying that..it is interesting to see what effect 'time of the month' has to one's weight...or how much weight goes up before 'toilet calls'..:rolleyes:I 'm not obsessive about it just curious what one's body 'gets up to' :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people
S

Sean01

Hi Great idea. I try to weigh myself daily - when my wife and daughters let me in the bathroom - I got banished to the lower ground floor shower room years ago. I love the summers - I've rigged up an outdoor shower in the garden which cools me down after training (cold only)
Weight loss has been massive since October 2015 - in the region of 90 lbs, but in order to join in, I will start with 110 kg and take it from here. I'm probably at the stage where it is going to start getting difficult - especially as the new phase of my exercise plan is putting back some of the muscle mass that was lost. Once there was a time when my thighs were the same as my waist - but I was a 21 year old athlete back then. Now I'm a level 50 grand master and it's not as easy to shift weight (on or off) as it used to be.)
Good luck to everyone on here.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi Guys

I agree with @Finsky @JohnEGreen @Bluetit1802 @Sean01 with weighing everyday. In my case with my FBG out of bed weigh then BG before anything else each morning. But I only record my weight loss once a week each Sunday morning.

To put things in context my low (or high point) was in October last year @110kg. Regular exercise and a little carb restraint saw that drop to 105.5(232.5 lbs) by December with improvements to BG to 7-10 range.Newcastle diet from during January and February saw a dramatic loss of 16kg (35.3lb) and BG levels all in the normal range during which I stopped all meds.

This is my third week on LCHF and I have lost a little over 1 pound in each of the first two weeks.

So my starting weight for this post is 194.4 lb. My goal weight is 172.4lb

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congrats @muzza3 You have done really well so far. I have a long way to go but you all give me the encouragement to carry on. I jokingly told my dietician that I have another person inside me that needs to come out. My aims are to lose this person and then some. Now the spring is arriving Ill be back outside riding my bike.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That reminds me of what i told my diabetes nurse at my last check up when she asked what I weighed - I said "Too much!", and in all seriousness she said " But I can't record that on the computer...." I'm still sniggering each time I get on the scales. :D

I don't find that how frequently I weigh myself, though, has any bearing on whether I lose weight or not. But many years ago one of my neighbours , an ex-nurse, used to have a Friday coffee morning weigh in and kept records for us, and that was useful.

My weight has been more or less stable for just under 2 years now after losing a fair bit, but do I still need to lose a lot more. However when I start trying too much to modify my diet to do so, it tends to cause upsets in my glucose levels, and I prefer to keep these stable. :( One thing I did find when I was losing weight was that it would oscillate up and down by a few pounds or so for several weeks, before actually showing a permanent loss.

Robbity

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Robbity. Its encouraging to know we are all in the same boat when trying to lose weight. Too much adjustment upsets the blood sugars. Its a fine balancing act that we are all learning to do. Congrats on the weight loss todate.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I weigh myself three times a day usually. My weight can fluctuate by up to 2lbs in one day, or 3-4lbs over a week.
My weight yesterday was 9st 11lbs. The previous Friday it was 9st 10lbs, so a gain of 1lb apparently, but it has been down to 9st 7lbs on Tuesday, and 9st 9lbs every other day.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most of the time while my weight's stable if I weight myself at any time of the day it stays absolutely rock steady - it's almost as if the needle can only register the one weight!!! This does surprise me since I can wee for England, and all that fluid must do something to my weight!

One of life's unsolved mysteries. :D

Robbity