Salad from market stall ...

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Off to work in the City of Culture tomorrow. I usually buy a salad from the market.

Do I say yes to coleslaw? Or leave well alone?

The salad usually has egg, cheese and standard salad veg plus protein of your choice.

Thinking of taking my own little pot of Hellman's- no fridge but the heating has been playing up so shouldn't get too warm.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Off to work in the City of Culture tomorrow. I usually buy a salad from the market.

Do I say yes to coleslaw? Or leave well alone?

The salad usually has egg, cheese and standard salad veg plus protein of your choice.

Thinking of taking my own little pot of Hellman's- no fridge but the heating has been playing up so shouldn't get too warm.
Coleslaw usually has sugar. I make my own with mayo and no sugar.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coleslaw varies so much. Lidl do a great cheese coleslaw which is very low in carbs but lots of bought ones do have added sugar. You could ask how they make theirs ?

Reactions: Ultramum

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Why not try the coleslaw and test your bg levels before and after eating it that you will know if it is OK for you, no one here can tell you what is in the coleslaw sold in your market only you can find that out, by testing.

Test, test and test again, its the only way you will no for sure and if its OK then why not eat it?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very short lunch hour and queue in the market so ended up with egg, spinach and roasted cauliflower instead - carbs and fat written on the tub :)
Certainly the safest way. I just happened to see a bottle of cole slaw sauce. 11 sugars in one tablespoon. And I might add it was HFCS!! Ya just never know.