Trying low carb again after a slipping up

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hello all

Sorry I haven't been around for a while but lie has been busy.

Has anyone heard from Nosher lately? I hope he is ok? He's kind of my hero

Just wanted to touch base.

I seemed to be managing really well without having hypos and started pushing boundaries a bit and eating carbs again. I don't really have much in fairness but I would eat the off gluten free cake or slice of bread.

I put on half a stone over Christmas and thought no this has to stop. I have also started b12 injections which are known to increase weight.

So, I decided to try strict low carb again and started with macros of 25g carbs, 67g protein and 140 fat. I have been doing this for three weeks often going up to 35-40 carbs and I haven't lost a lb!!

I also started having chronic digestive issues last Sunday and diarrhoea since and suspect I may have upset my gall bladder with my significant dietary changes.

I walk 7000-10000 steps every day.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas of what might be stalling weight loss and also how to deal with the tummy issues.

Best of health to all of you

Emma xx

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello all

I seemed to be managing really well without having hypos and started pushing boundaries a bit and eating carbs again. I don't really have much in fairness but I would eat the off gluten free cake or slice of bread.

I put on half a stone over Christmas and thought no this has to stop. I have also started b12 injections which are known to increase weight.

So, I decided to try strict low carb again and started with macros of 25g carbs, 67g protein and 140 fat. I have been doing this for three weeks often going up to 35-40 carbs and I haven't lost a lb!!

I also started having chronic digestive issues last Sunday and diarrhoea since and suspect I may have upset my gall bladder with my significant dietary changes.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas of what might be stalling weight loss and also how to deal with the tummy issues.

Emma xx

Hi Emma,

This is me now!
I had trouble with my internet security and had to change my profile and internet supplier.
I'm really brilliant!
I'm still around and there have been a lot of threads and newbies.

I have no idea, why you cannot kick start losing weight again, I have stopped around the weight I am now for about six months, some days I think I have, some not, until I weigh myself and not a lot has changed!
You do need to persist with the low carb.
It could be anything, too much of something, not enough of something else!

Maybe because of your stomach problems, going without food and just drinking water will help with that, it may also use up any excess insulin you have from the weight gain, it could also help with the insulin resistance you may have gained with the extra carbs!

I know it's hard and you have had a busy time, but it's your health, try and look after it!

Best wishes, keep posting, we have all missed you!

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Emma, lovely to see you back!

No helpful advice I'm afraid but wanted to say hi and nice to hear from you

Reactions: Lamont D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again! Good to hear you are well.

Yeah, my weight loss stalled, despite my various and best efforts.
I think it boils down to insulin resistance.

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Thanks all. Still having trouble with my tummy, have a feeling it could be lactose intolerance. I'm going to try cutting dairy back again. Annoyingly my lovely husband has lost half a stone this week! Please though as he needs to lose it too.

Nice to be back and glad to see you all!

Best wishes

Emma

Reactions: Lamont D

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello all

Emma xx

Hi, Emma. I'm Kitty, comparatively new, not diabetic but here to avoid a diagnosis by losing a LOT of weight and taking advice from all the lovely members.

A few things in your post stand out for me - My hubby keeps losing weight so much faster than I am, with four times the carbs! I drool every time I see him snaffle an egg and bacon sarnie followed by jam on toast. It's Burgen, but still...

If you've suddenly raised your fat count so much, it might upset your system. It will probably settle down over a few days but if not, might be worth looking into other causes.

Lastly, I've come to the sad conclusion that calories do count. Not nearly to the degree SlimmingWorld and WeightWatchers would suggest, but keeping it down to your personal weight loss balance might help.

I've plateau'd since Xmas and I know exactly why. I haven't cheated with carbs but have eaten more than needed. Bright side? No weight gain!