Type 1 Playing golf with Type 1 diabetes

angehud1977

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am really struggling with the bs peaks and troughs before and during a game of golf. This morning my waking bs was 7.9. I then had small amount of porridge and after 1 hour it rose to 9.7 ( beginning of round of golf). After 9 holes it dropped to 4.3 and using my Freestyle libre sensor (which is amazing by the way) could see it was going down. I then ate half a muesli bar ended game at 7.1. This is a very good day. I can have peaks of up to 12-15 at start of round and then hypos after 9 holes. Does any other type1 patient have a better solution please?

Lenah_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Would using a golf cart help? Cut down on some of the walking anyway?

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't play golf but I found out for longish walks for me (2-3 hours) that starting high didn't help or stop hypos - and I was better not starting too high and just having a small snack on the way - Libre does make checking easier! It's never a perfect science but...

angehud1977

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I don't play golf but I found out for longish walks for me (2-3 hours) that starting high didn't help or stop hypos - and I was better not starting too high and just having a small snack on the way - Libre does make checking easier! It's never a perfect science but...

Thank you. That's interesting.