Constipation help

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been having bad constipation for the past couple of weeks finding it hard to get things moving literally it's no fun when you can't go without bursting a vein or dropping a lung so to speak

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been having bad constipation for the past couple of weeks finding it hard to get things moving literally it's no fun when you can't go without bursting a vein or dropping a lung so to speak
You could try a magnesium supplement something like magnesium citrate.. keeps me regular..

Reactions: Arsenal79

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you changed your diet recently? I had this problem when I was on a high protein diet. I found Dulcoease helped a little, but I had to stop the diet immediately.

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Psyllium husk (as mentioned before on this thread) is gentle and works effectively.

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Arsenal79 - Or you could try 1 capsule before bed of Dulcoease which is a stool softener. (Available without a prescription from Savers, Superdrug and all Chemists).

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you changed your diet recently? I had this problem when I was on a high protein diet. I found Dulcoease helped a little, but I had to stop the diet immediately.
Yes I went from high carb to lchf diet and from then on I can't seem to go to toilet wothout forcing it out I exercise daily hour a day and joined my local leisure center doing circuit training I drink plenty of water has when it comes out the other end it's clear has it went in

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I would add plenty of veggies as fibre and the psyllium husk idea is a good one too. Also check you haven't increased your protein too much and are you having enough fat? I went through agony with this problem so I sympathise with you. I am an LCHFer myself but if you are in so much pain I would be tempted to add back a few carbs until the problem has eased and then cut down on carbs again more slowly. It could be that your gut will take longer than most to get used to dietary changes.

The diet I had a problem with was the Dukan Diet. I only did 2 separate spells of about a week on it and suffered badly for many months afterwards. Please don't suffer for too long, go to your GP if the problem persists.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well I would add plenty of veggies as fibre and the psyllium husk idea is a good one too. Also check you haven't increased your protein too much and are you having enough fat? I went through agony with this problem so I sympathise with you. I am an LCHFer myself but if you are in so much pain I would be tempted to add back a few carbs until the problem has eased and then cut down on carbs again more slowly. It could be that your gut will take longer than most to get used to dietary changes.

The diet I had a problem with was the Dukan Diet. I only did 2 separate spells of about a week on it and suffered badly for many months afterwards. Please don't suffer for too long, go to your GP if the problem persists.

Yes, I suffered badly on the Dukan diet for the same reason - and those little bran pancake thingies they tell you to eat didn't help one bit.

In this house it's either psyllium husk or a meal that involves little meat, a triple helping of Brussels sprouts and a mound of stewed rhubarb for dessert.

Reactions: Arsenal79 and zand

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Olive oil on everything. Good for you too. Good luck. X

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could also try supporting a different footie team ;) The past couple of months haven't been that easy for us gooners generally. :rolleyes::banghead:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mr Chook is Gooner too and he's defining not constipated. He used to have that problem but he swears by (at) lots of veg and Lidl high protein rolls.

Reactions: Arsenal79 and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr Chook is Gooner too and he's defining not constipated. He used to have that problem but he swears by (at) lots of veg and Lidl high protein rolls.
yes the Lidl rolls are good...that's why I have them on match days :woot:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
yes the Lidl rolls are good...that's why I have them on match days :woot:

Ah! You've found their secondary use - how to clear a room in 30 seconds (then blame the dog). :)