Carbs are good for you ..

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
More material for the advocates of the High-Carb, Eat-well Plate doctrine ..
Find out here why Carbs Really are Good for You

Based on a study published in the Lancet (so it must be right) .. and linked to the sale of his new book .. the author shows us how to become one of the "Mindspan Elite"

I think I'll stick with my LCHF, thank you very much ..

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There already is a thread about this report from a few days ago and it was said that the people studied have an average life span of 63 and walk twice as far as us cabbages every day.

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Sorry .. missed that .. only saw the report this morning:meh:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting.. A couple of years back as I sat in a "memory clinic" I took my mum to for assessment. She has early Altziemers.)
All this stuff highlighted in the link was stuck to an information notice board in the waiting area...?

The funny thing is. As they did the physical examination stuff on my mum, they concurred her "lifestyle" didn't fit the model of someone likely to develop cognitive impairment?

So reading the article & going on what I read at the clinic.?

It's true that when I was diagnosed T1 in 1976 my mum in sympathy cut all sugar out of her diet.
She was also a vegitarian. At one point upping the "game", pushed it for years cutting out dairy produce as well?
Funny enough she did eat fish....

She staunchly followed "that diet" for nigh on 40 years?! till falling off the "wagon" for bacon about the same time I was noticing certain cognitive anomalies...

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
People with a completely different lifestyle. Different types of carbs, 72% of how much? It's like comparing apples with oranges.

My highlighted sentence,thats the key phrase isnt it, this piece isnt saying that anyone should eat carbs till they become obese, I doubt if any of these Tsimane people are even remotely overweight, let alone obese.

And I dont think they were talking about T2 diabetics either, you have to remember that for the average healthy human carbs are no problem at all and may well help to towards brain health just as we all know they supply instant energy.

Its all about how much one eats not whether carbs, protein and fat are healthy or unhealthy, nothing is healthy if eaten to excess.

Look at China where there are several distinct regions of China and they all eat a totally different style of food and ways of cooking but they are all carbohydrate based and yet until the rich Chinese adopted a more western diet both heart disease and obesity was unheard of there and even now that chubby kids are seen as coming from rich families like a sort of status symbol overweight people are still in a very small minority.

Its not what you eat its how much you eat that defines what is good or bad. Carbs are not evil and neither is fat what makes both bad for you is stuffing too much of either down ones throat.