Unwanted Email Alerts

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure where this thread should go.....
I have turned off all Alerts in Alert Preferences but my mailbox is still filling up with email alerts - any advice?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure where this thread should go.....
I have turned off all Alerts in Alert Preferences but my mailbox is still filling up with email alerts - any advice?

Hello there. Are these alerts to posts you have made to thread, where you have been tagged (for example) or something else?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Alerts to threads where I have posted.

Could you try checking all the relevant alerts are unchecked, then log out and back in again? If that doesn't fix it, I can raise it with the techies.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could you try checking all the relevant alerts are unchecked, then log out and back in again? If that doesn't fix it, I can raise it with the techies.
I think I have solved it myself...

I have unchecked email alerts under Preferences/Options rather than Alert Preferences.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I have solved it myself...

I have unchecked email alerts under Preferences/Options rather than Alert Preferences.

Excellent. If it doesn't solve it, longer term, just let me know.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent. If it doesn't solve it, longer term, just let me know.
It seems I spoke too soon, I am still getting the email alerts although I have unchecked all alert preferences.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems I spoke too soon, I am still getting the email alerts although I have unchecked all alert preferences.
I'll report it for you, although to be fair at this time on a Friday it may not get anyone's attention until Monday.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll report it for you, although to be fair at this time on a Friday it may not get anyone's attention until Monday.
Fair enough. I was hoping I wasn't alone with this problem or someone had seen it before.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fair enough. I was hoping I wasn't alone with this problem or someone had seen it before.

From time-to-time, these oddities turn up, so it probably isn't wholly unheard of, but, quite rightly, we Mods don't have access to your account details, hence the referral. Hopefully it's not too big a challenge for the clever techies who lurk in the background, working their alchemy.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mr_Pot!

I have looked into your account and changed your settings so you shouldn't get any email notifications.
Should work immediately fingers crossed!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mr_Pot!

I have looked into your account and changed your settings so you shouldn't get any email notifications.
Should work immediately fingers crossed!
Thanks, I got an email notification of your post but no more since then, so fingers crossed as you say.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Yes, this happened to someone else on here who repeatedly asked admin for help to stop the emails, it took quite a few days :rolleyes:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Cross your fingers again @Mr_Pot - I've taken another look at your settings and there was one option left checked that may have been overriding the others :bookworm:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cross your fingers again @Mr_Pot - I've taken another look at your settings and there was one option left checked that may have been overriding the others :bookworm:
I just received an email alert for your post :(

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My problem with email alerts was sorted and I don't get them anymore. However, I just looked for the first time at "Ratings Given" under my profile and find that I have awarded "Hugs" to several people. I know that wasn't me as, although I have "liked" or "agreed" with some posts, I am not a "Hug" sort of person. So unless they are awarded automatically by some process, the awards system seems a bit suspect.
@CaptainWard @Giverny

D

Deleted member 308541

I stopped the emails coming after I put them on my blacklist where they get bounced back as spam. :meh: