Treatment type
Insulin
lol - Theres already a thread about Sir Muirs comments

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This radio discussion has brought a new word to mind, made from stigma + ignorance.

'Stigmarance'.

And yes, they're talking about that guy who was talking about 'walking deficiency syndrome'. I'm so cross I'm about to switch it off.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
'Greasy blood.'

'Minimise and reduce animal products and items high in saturated fat, cholesterol and carcinogens.'

'Vegan diet - 68% lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes.'

These are a few things that the current guest has said. He's just finished working on a film about different types of diets and their impact on health. 'What the Health?', it's called. Www.wthfilm.com
Www.nutritionfacts.org
Pcrm.org

I'm switching off now as I need to get on - but I'll listen again later - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiokent

Tam Fry is the next guest (National Obesity Forum).
He's sounding cross with Sir Muir Gray as well. And the presenter (Lembit Opik) has just mentioned www.diabetes.co.uk!

:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
And yes, they're talking about that guy who was talking about 'walking deficiency syndrome'. I'm so cross I'm about to switch it off.

Just forget who the other studio guest was on the Jeremy Vine show yesterday but they said Gray's suggestion will never see the light of day, a silly name change by a very silly man :)