640G display active insulin time

paulpapa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,

Just started pumping this week - still on saline and "go live" on Monday with insulin. I was wondering if there was any way to see the active insulin you have left as the time left in your body? I can see I have 2.4u left, which while great, doesn't necessarily help me know when it'll be done.

Thank you.

P

Reactions: Type1Bri

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @paulpapa There isn't an option to see time left on active insulin, the only way I know how to work this out is based on the fact i've already told my pump that my active insulin time is 3.3 hours, in pump settings, so I can check history to see when I administered the bolus then count back from there. To be honest I am so used to seeing how much active insulin I have left and the fact that if you do a BG test the pump will then calculate for you if a correction is required to get into your target range. It's taking the human intervention out of the equation, as long as your pump settings are fairly spot on the pump will do the calculation for you. Bear in mind you are in your first week, it will take some time to get your settings right for you.

paulpapa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought. I did the same and worked it out myself, too. It's very clever in that it has all the settings present to make the right decision. Yes, I think it will do indeed. Just want to crush my dawn phenomenon and then I'll be all good.

Reactions: Juicyj and Type1Bri

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought. I did the same and worked it out myself, too. It's very clever in that it has all the settings present to make the right decision. Yes, I think it will do indeed. Just want to crush my dawn phenomenon and then I'll be all good.
Glad to see you have taken the step to start on the pump Paul. We were chatting at one of the T1D London Meetups back in November when I first got my 640g. Hope all runs well for you. Come along to our next meetup on 6th May, be great to catch up again
Bri

Reactions: paulpapa

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @paulpapa I get that completely, I wanted to get on top of my control as soon as I was pumping insulin, for me it took about a month to settle in with the adjustments and even now I still tweak alot, the fact is as long as your prepared to put the effort in then you will see the benefits :)

Reactions: paulpapa