Control of fungal and bacterial infections

JoycieW

Looking for advice for what works to prevent recurring fungal and bacterial infections. I know that ultimately getting the blood sugar levels down to a "normal" level is the solution, however, it would be useful to hear if anyone has tips or has found any personal care products that work? I'm a lady of that age where night time sweats, etc are a problem.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looking for advice for what works to prevent recurring fungal and bacterial infections. I know that ultimately getting the blood sugar levels down to a "normal" level is the solution, however, it would be useful to hear if anyone has tips or has found any personal care products that work? I'm a lady of that age where night time sweats, etc are a problem.
Antibacterial scrubs, clean towels every wash, clean linen every few days (total pain I know), fresh clothing that's in contact with your skin each day.

Friends of mine have been through similar situations and the unfortunate thing is that there is no easy means of keeping bacteria or fungus at bay which doesn't involve repeated changing and cleaning of things which come in contact with your skin.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoycieW

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Using rosemary or thyme can be helpful. Cumin and coriander are also reputed to be good.

Reactions: JoycieW

Glink

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If there are vaginal infection issues, boric acid might be an option. Talk to your pharmacist about proper dosing for acute vs chronic preventative infections.

Reactions: Struma