ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I really admire your spirit of figthing... all my respekt and best wishes...
read somewhere that coconut oil feeds the best part of bacteria in our gut and thereby helps the body balance and lowers also inflamation, I am going to give it a try.. still have some insflamation in my body though is has deminished a lot lately just by taking a tea spoon full morning and evening (should be the middle long fatty acid chains in the coco nut oil.., also hope that will help my ezema...
You too will get there. Its just tweaking what our individual needs to get the best results.
The answers are out there!
Trust me to be complicated. I've always envied those with simple solutions resolving their health problems.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
93.4kg (206lb) this week. That's down by 9kg (20lb) since March 4th. Only a 1lb loss this week but I can definitely see my body shape changing and, for the most part, my sugars are down to reasonable levels.
Hee hee, some peeps may remember my baked bean analogy. You've lost over 21 tins of beans!! Wonderful:joyful:

Reactions: purplepenguin

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thinking of you hun. Nothing stays the same, luckily.
When my weigh sticks I always remind myself of when i was infertile then had to get sterilized incase too many came along (like buses).
Hoping same happens for my weight loss.
Always been an all or nothing girl. You?
Hee hee, babies and buses!! I'm not much good at moderation....
You're weight loss will happen, your positive attitude is amazing!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hee hee, babies and buses!! I'm not much good at moderation....
You're weight loss will happen, your positive attitude is amazing!!
I'll make it happen. Bariatric surgery is on the cards now too. I'm edging my bets.
One way or another this 20st mama will shrink. Ha ha

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll make it happen. Bariatric surgery is on the cards now too. I'm edging my bets.
One way or another this 20st mama will shrink. Ha ha
That's my girl. We'll get you dancing again!!

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, what is this and how do we download and use it. Hate to say it but I am a techno clueless person.

Sorry - missed your question yesterday - It's the WeightWatchers app - but you have to join WW online to use it. I've been very successful tracking with WW in the past - after my kids were born I lost over 4 stone and kept it off for a long time too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Feeling really heavy this morning so won't deflate myself by weighing myself but I do feel the difference without metformin.
It curbs my appetite and softens my tummy area. I feel like I'm carrying lead around. My poor back will be taking the strain, again.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Weight down by 0.5kg this week - so heading back in the right direction thankfully.

Struggling to stay low carb at the moment - really need to as have HbA1c coming up next week but I think it is down to feeling rather low (mood wise) at the moment - making all life choices hard - hoping it will pass soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weight down by 0.5kg this week - so heading back in the right direction thankfully.

Struggling to stay low carb at the moment - really need to as have HbA1c coming up next week but I think it is down to feeling rather low (mood wise) at the moment - making all life choices hard - hoping it will pass soon.
I couldnt sustain very low carb as I was overeating on protein. I've tried to get a happy medium!
Don't stress too much about it all hun as it can become counterproductive.
Just do your best but make it a joy and comfortable for your diabetes. Then the weight loss will reward you. ;)

Reactions: Prem51

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
Been two weeks since I was here but I gained last week as I was at a hen do then lost it all again this week
I'm now 67.3kgs. I'll soon be at maintenance woohoo!!!!

KitSileya

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooops, up 0.5 kg to 75.7. Not surprising, as I have been stressing like heck these past two weeks, eating far too many snacks and too little at proper meals. May won't get much better from here on out, so any big changes are out, but come June, I'll have time to deal with weight loss again.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
5/5 - Good Morning.
Put on 2 lbs since last week = now 12 stone 12 lbs.
Well Done everybody :).

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've gained too. Up 1 lb again to 145.6 lbs today. I think I'll have to cut out the desserts I've been eating the last few weeks.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I appear to be back up to my 95 kilos again, but I think a lot of it may be due to a bit of bloat and a rather swollen leg at the moment...:(

Robbity

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not sure to believe the scales this week. I was 14st 11 last week and when I stepped on them today I was 14st 7. Thats a 4lb loss in a week! Almost at the 2 stone loss mark in only 2 months!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Added 1kg due to insulin and metformin interuption and 4yr olds carby birthday in same week as stressful angiogram. :(
Need to get back to losing again. Walking isn't the answer for me. I need to be jogging for hours but cannot walk straight. Soooo frustrating.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Well done. You seem to be having a tough time at the moment but you're staying focussed and you're determination is amazing to read. So massive (gentle) pat on the back to you. Be proud of your loss under difficult circumstances.:)