Shell shocked!

kizzie1b

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For some of us...yes...from a peak glucose reading of 23 mmols to 5.5-8 mmol within weeks.
14102513_1796499817261143_5218689255100165662_n.jpg
Don't be scared. Relax and just make sure you digest all the information so that you can make changes immediately to get the best results. Sugar surprisingly is everywhere so the biggest thing to change is your diet-low carb, and try not to have too much high fat due to your blood pressure.
Make sure you ask to go on the course to learn how to manage it and bokm follow up phone appointments and list all your questions.
Keep testing to twice a day for 3 months to learn how your body reacts to different foods (we are all different) any more is a waste of money and resources and you become to much obsessed. Keep a good balance!!
Good luck and ask me anything you need x

Reactions: Prem51 and Rachox

kizzie1b

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Some good advice, but since
good advise here. I will mention to you also. Testing 5 times a day is a bit much and makes you all consumed. Stripes and test kits are expensive so note what makes you high and avoids start your 4th month with a plan to maybe test 2 times a day-morning and night. When you becaome more confident it lessons.
I only test 1 -2 times a week now as I try to stay away from anything I know raises my blood sugars. (Generally if I try something new I test that)

Keep up good efforts your doing brill x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't be scared. Relax and just make sure you digest all the information so that you can make changes immediately to get the best results. Sugar surprisingly is everywhere so the biggest thing to change is your diet-low carb, and try not to have too much high fat due to your blood pressure.
Make sure you ask to go on the course to learn how to manage it and bokm follow up phone appointments and list all your questions.
Keep testing to twice a day for 3 months to learn how your body reacts to different foods (we are all different) any more is a waste of money and resources and you become to much obsessed. Keep a good balance!!
Good luck and ask me anything you need x
Thanks for your reply. In the three weeks since my first phone call from the Dr suggesting I may have diabetes I have lost nearly a stone in weight and am getting into the swing of counting carbs. I have attended my course now, it was ok, I had expected to receive resistance to self testing and low carb diets but they were quite accepting of me doing both if I wanted to.

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some good advice, but since
good advise here. I will mention to you also. Testing 5 times a day is a bit much and makes you all consumed. Stripes and test kits are expensive so note what makes you high and avoids start your 4th month with a plan to maybe test 2 times a day-morning and night. When you becaome more confident it lessons.
I only test 1 -2 times a week now as I try to stay away from anything I know raises my blood sugars. (Generally if I try something new I test that)

Keep up good efforts your doing brill x

Thanks for your input @kizzie1b, I aim to reduce testing once I've had my repeat HbA1c, to see how my meter readings correlate with it.

Reactions: Ultramum and Prem51