Breakfast

angehud1977

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Please could someone give me some advice regarding what to eat for breakfast. Without fail my BS spike before suddenly dropping. I have tried changing ratios, injection times etc. Does anyone else have these problems and if not what are you eating!!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @angehud1977 :)

I had a similar problem but I solved it by moving my bolus more in advance. I eat cereal with full fat milk and always weigh the cereal and have the same big bowl every day. On Humalog I need to bolus 30 mins in advance for breakfast, but for other meals I can bolus much closer to the meal.

I personally find that a cereal/carb breakfast makes my BS better than a carb-free one as then the protein and fat has to be taken into account and is far less predictable.

I eat a cereal mix which contains good quality muesli or granola, bran cereal plus seeds :)

angehud1977

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @angehud1977 :)

I had a similar problem but I solved it by moving my bolus more in advance. I eat cereal with full fat milk and always weigh the cereal and have the same big bowl every day. On Humalog I need to bolus 30 mins in advance for breakfast, but for other meals I can bolus much closer to the meal.

I personally find that a cereal/carb breakfast makes my BS better than a carb-free one as then the protein and fat has to be taken into account and is far less predictable.

I eat a cereal mix which contains good quality muesli or granola, bran cereal plus seeds :)

That is so helpful. I will try tomorrow morning and see if it works. Thanks!

Reactions: azure