I have a dream.

Mark-optimistic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Just curious to know if your diabetes was completely cured as of tomorrow morning, what's the first thing you would do?

I would probably go on a massive run and not worry about my BS levels. When I got back I would pig out on the sugariest snacks and high carb food.

Keep smiling

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just curious to know if your diabetes was completely cured as of tomorrow morning, what's the first thing you would do?

Not sure about the first thing, likely I'd have my breakfast as always, but I'd embrace the day ahead without the thoughts of testing and bolusing :)

Your young Mark, I'm sure in your lifetime they'll be a cure of sorts.

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have a round of golf without the see saw levels making me play inconsistently. Prior to being diagnosed I was playing the best golf of my life. Nowadays, I don't know how well I'll play from one hole to the next...

Oh, and I wouldn't have this bad temper when shots go awry... never had it before!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
type 2 is different from type 1 I think, at least when one is not that servere hit... actually I think I have refound my healthy way of living, think I had insuline resistance or insuline extreeme spinkings for many decades ..........and as I didn´t know of it I was trapped in becomming more and more unhealthy and obese... now at least I am in control..
but well if I was cured and wouldn´t become obese again I would binge in toffee-cream-sauce and wine-gelé and eat pizzaes in between... but I´d rather win millions of pounds than become non-diabetic if I had a choice...then I´d travel the world in luxury hotels with guides and see as many exciting places in the world as possible... like ancient Indian temples and Manchu Pitchu and travel along the north American Highway from California and up till Alaska...

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
but I think it is only a question of years till type 1 can be cured in one way or another... maybe by repeating transplant of cancreas-tissue in ones intestines ....

Bon83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I would probably go on a massive run and not worry about my BS levels. When I got back I would pig out on the sugariest snacks and high carb food.

Keep smiling
Interesting - I'm the same I would go for a long run without a run pack with glucose tester etc etc. Just a gel and my car key stuffed in pocket . I would go as far as to say I'll only ask for hypos to go away.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I would go all day without thinking about food.
If my stomach tells me I want some then I shall eat some.
If it doesn't then I won't.

I would buy a new kitchen without a medicine cabinet.

I would store chocolate in my fridges salad draw where the insulin used to be.

Tony

Reactions: Bon83 and azure