Who are you voting for in the general election 2017?

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't aware that Corbyn had even been to Saudi Arabia.
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott told a pro-Republican journal in 1984 that 'every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us'. Corbyn met Jerry Adams in the 1980's. Jerry Adams has said that Corbyn was on the right side of history with his support for the republican movement.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott told a pro-Republican journal in 1984 that 'every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us'. Corbyn met Jerry Adams in the 1980's. Jerry Adams has said that Corbyn was on the right side of history with his support for the republican movement.
If that is an accurate quote, i would not agree with it. When Willie Whitelaw was Home Secretary there were talks with the IRA. John Major's talks laid the groundwork for the Good Friday Agreement under Blair.
And, of course, you ignored the fact of the British Government's relationship with Gulf States that sponsor terrorism.

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If that is an accurate quote, i would not agree with it. When Willie Whitelaw was Home Secretary there were talks with the IRA. John Major's talks laid the groundwork for the Good Friday Agreement under Blair.
Not the same thing one was secretary of state for NI and the other was prime minister, they were negotiating a peace settlement not supporting terrorists. I don't understand your logic in saying you wouldn't agree with an accurate quote? Or do you also follow Corbyn & Abbots beliefs ???

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe it will affect them, who knows how long they'll live:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-37505339
Yes - my next door neighbour is 102 (103 This year "if she's spared" as she puts it). Lives in her own home, sharp as a tack and until 3 years ago was on her kneeling pad weeding her garden. Will tell you she's great apart from her knees being a bit creaky.
Always bright and cheerful and never a bad word to say about anyone. People could learn from her. My grandsons love talking to her.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not the same thing one was secretary of state for NI and the other was prime minister, they were negotiating a peace settlement not supporting terrorists. I don't understand your logic in saying you wouldn't agree with an accurate quote? Or do you also follow Corbyn & Abbots beliefs ???

No. He was Home Secretary. The point is, they were talking to Republicans. I didn't say I wouldn't agree with an accurate quote. I said I wouldn't agree with what she said. Please do not attempt to misrepresent what I said.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
nhs.jpg

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Took the wife to vote! (I voted first thing!)

The queue to vote was twenty minutes and the poll workers had known nothing like it!

Many, many first time voters!

This is a very safe Labour seat!

Reactions: Prem51

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Heard something cynical this morning from a colleague!

He reckons that the business lobby for the cereal and dairy farmers rare those behind the plan to cut midday school meals.
Because you don't need to cook corn flakes and milk do you?

Less staff in school kitchens.

Good business for the dwindling cereal producers and dairy farmers!
According to the internet the likes of Kellogg has had a bad year with sales plummeting!

Is the sugar tax behind this?

I wonder?

Or is it one of those urban myths?

But, it wouldn't surprise me tho (lol!)

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
There were queues at my polling station at 0730 when I voted. Lots of younger people too.
Most people are younger than me though!

Last edited:

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There were queues at my polling station at 0730 when I voted. Lots of younger people too.
Hopefully, they will determined to vote, having had their futures sacrificed by the older generation.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Queen met Martin Mcguiness. You really are flogging a dead horse here.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Heard something cynical this morning from a colleague!

He reckons that the business lobby for the cereal and dairy farmers rare those behind the plan to cut midday school meals.
Because you don't need to cook corn flakes and milk do you?

Less staff in school kitchens.

Good business for the dwindling cereal producers and dairy farmers!
According to the internet the likes of Kellogg has had a bad year with sales plummeting!

Is the sugar tax behind this?

I wonder?

Or is it one of those urban myths?

But, it wouldn't surprise me tho (lol!)
Feeding them Corn Flakes would be child neglect given the high carb and salt content.

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not being an UK citizen I haven't luckily to choose between conservatives and labour. OTOH being an Italian citizen I'll have to choose between a lot of parties, that unfortunately are unable to get a lawful electoral law.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Big Ben is sounding and the exit polls are saying that the Cons have 314 seats and Lab 266 :wideyed:

Closer than I thought if correct.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah looks like Cons won't have majority. How many seats do they have now? Did Prime Minister May run in this election? Sorry, I don't follow UK politics much. The Labour Party is like our Democratic Party I take it: tax the rich, increase the welfare benefits, etc. Do they favor Brexit or not?