Are My Numbers OK?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Keep an eye on the BP, as diabetes and hypertension are part and parcel of vascular ailments. Keep fit and maintain a good body cobdition to keep it in check.
Yes, I'm conquering the diet and weight loss, I need to up my exercise, well to be truthful I need to start some meaningful exercise!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Yes, I'm conquering the diet and weight loss, I need to up my exercise, well to be truthful I need to start some meaningful exercise!
Don't make the mistake of going headfirst into an extensive workout regimen. Ease into it gradually, then begin to raise the bar. I do a lot of walking. As a keen photographer, I walk long distances around the area where I live. It works for me.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
O
Don't make the mistake of going headfirst into an extensive workout regimen. Ease into it gradually, then begin to raise the bar. I do a lot of walking. As a keen photographer, I walk long distances around the area where I live. It works for me.
Oh don't worry, me and exercise aren't really the best of friends! It'll be walking or swimming very gently!

Last edited:

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Those numbers are great!
Also great idea re: walking and photography.. maybe time to get myself a new camera

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I walked around town with teenage daughter shopping yesterday:arghh: and got my step count way up from normal! I've just had my 'breakfast' of coffee with double cream (forgot the cinnamon, oopsie!), I'm planning a lazy morning watching TV and pottering round the house to keep my mind off having had no food, then I plan to trim our hedge with hand shears this afternoon for today's exercise!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluetit1802

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Try adding a knob of butter to the coffee as well to increase the fat content.
I use salted but unsalted may suit you better.
I can manage through to the evening meal on this.

I don't regard this as fasting because the amount of calories makes this a meal in a cup.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IMG_0423.PNG Well that didn't go well! I had coffee with double cream for breakfast, I then had exactly the same lunch as I had last Saturday (which put my sugar up by only 0.4), I then went out in the garden and worked up a sweat trimming the hedge. My sugar is now 8.1! It hasn't been 8.anything for two weeks!!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 23114 Well that didn't go well! I had coffee with double cream for breakfast, I then had exactly the same lunch as I had last Saturday (which put my sugar up by only 0.4), I then went out in the garden and worked up a sweat trimming the hedge. My sugar is now 8.1! It hasn't been 8.anything for two weeks!!!

It would have done the same to me - exercise and my blood sugars don't mix.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
004a5b7fae9c524dbab74a5b719a07b5.jpg

Phew! Back to normal now!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good numbers! What app is pictured in post 32?
Thank you for your comment. The app is called Glucose Companion. I got the free version to start with but the pop up ads were getting annoying so I bought the full version, it's only £3.99. I like it, you can record weight and blood sugars and you can have them transfer automatically to the Apple health app. The graphs are clear and it works out averages for you. There is an insulin calculator too which I don't understand as I'm just on tablets. If you get the free version first it's very easy to transfer the data to the full version if you decide to get it. Oh and you can use it on more than one device and sync them via iCloud.

Last edited: