Why is this website so slow?

MoonSpirit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just can't get my head around why the diabetes U.K. Website is so slow to load and update.
I'm type 1 so for me this is one of the most important sites to keep a check on.
Even the news page is so slow that I often have to give up, it takes forever to load.
It's been the same for years, What is the problem?

It pains me to ask, but Is this the slowest / worst website ever?
Or does anyone know of a slower one?

Keep up the great job of great relevant content, but please get your IT guys to sort out the download speed issues.
Thank you

Rant over

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I suspect that it is being used by so many people that it just can't cope.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not saying there isn't an issue because I might be on here when most of the UK users are asleep, but I've always had everything spring up instantaneously with every click. No slowness or waiting on my side.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe IT are looking into this problem. I also do find it very slow to navigate, could I ask what web host you are using?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is slow, particularly on internal links, and has been long time.
I use a PC, Windows 7, Chrome, and the website (not the app).

I believe something is happening this weekend - a re-boot. No idea why.

MoonSpirit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I believe IT are looking into this problem. I also do find it very slow to navigate, could I ask what web host you are using?
I have a windows 7 pc at home using google that I sometimes use always slow on that,
but most of the time I have an I pad (not very old) slow at home, but then I spend 90% of my time living on a boat in Mediterranean constantly moving about connecting to various WiFi hot spots. Still just as slow.
Until redundancy 4 years ago, I used to also check via my work PC on the company's high speed network was still slow.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Has it already been done and I missed it, or is it still pending.