Freestyle Libre Sensor Error

Mark_1

d90f4260b5e3ec82284075437bc8a67a.jpg

Anyone had this error with their Libre? Is there a way of fixing it, it keeps coming up. It was fine for the first few days and it doesn't seem to have moved or become dislodged in any way.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
d90f4260b5e3ec82284075437bc8a67a.jpg

Anyone had this error with their Libre? Is there a way of fixing it, it keeps coming up. It was fine for the first few days and it doesn't seem to have moved or become dislodged in any way.
Sometimes I get that error message after a shower. But for the last few sensors I've used, I've not seen that message at all.

If it becomes a frequent issue, then you may have a faulty sensor. In that case, I'd get on to Abbott customer support as they often replace sensors free of charge:)

Reactions: Mark_1

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had that a few times @Mark_1 - but not repeatedly, nor for an extended period of time. It's frustrating though! It's always sorted itself out in my case, but if it's being a real pain in the neck then it might be worth giving Abbott customer services a call.

:)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had that message once on my last sensor (not on any others). When it started working again it was all haywire. The up and down arrows were ridiculous. For example, previous scan was in the 5s with a horizontal arrow. Next scan was in the 8s with a downward arrow, next was in the 6s with an upward arrow, all within 10 minutes. It took half an hour to return to normal. I also looked at the downloaded log file which showed all the 15 minute readings. There were 2 missing in this period. At the time I was doing nothing in particular, just sitting watching TV. Finger pricks showed 5s throughout.

Bon83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have only used 3 libre sensors. I had this message once or twice with each of them. Once when I was running and sweating a lot! Once after a shower? So I wondered if it was moisture but then like bluetit1802 said it happened just in the house then like you say it went slightly odd - I was 5 or 6 with flat arrow fine checked on it again 5 or 6 dropping arrow. But I felt fine so finger pricked and was 6 ish. The arrows changed but numbers didn't? I am sure if you trawl through all the technical bumf out there you could get the answer.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have seen this message on one sensor. It happened when I first applied it when I tried it after the warm up hour.
It repeated for over 90mins with the same message. Then it said something about sensor no longer valid or something and replace with new sensor. That message only came up once and I replaced it. Still waiting for Abbott to replace it though 2 weeks on.

Mark_1

Thanks everyone. It woke back up and gave me a 6 with an up arrow then a 3 with a down arrow. Nothing but the message since so I think the sensor is completely dead now. Have emailed customer service waiting on a reply. It was my first sensor so not a good start for something that costs £1,300 a year to run!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone. It woke back up and gave me a 6 with an up arrow then a 3 with a down arrow. Nothing but the message since so I think the sensor is completely dead now. Have emailed customer service waiting on a reply. It was my first sensor so not a good start for something that costs £1,300 a year to run!

Mark, it's up to you if you choose to use the email support, but time I tried it (I was overseas in a very different time zone, making telephone contact tricky), I found the response times to be extremely slow. That is some time ago now, so hopefully things have improved.

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I used the email last weekend, had a response on Monday and a replacement sensor agreed by Tuesday. The delay was caused by me not having the sensor information to hand at work.

Mark_1

Tried ringing but they are only open Monday to Friday, if I don't get a response Monday I will follow it up with a call.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I used the email service, had a reply almost straight away and a replacement sensor arrived within a week to 10 days. I guess things have improved @DCUKMod

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mark_1, that error is usually due to the rate of change of glucose level being too fast for the sensor to compute sensibly. Normally, if you leave it for a bit, it comes back to life!

Reactions: Mark_1 and Ledzeptt

Mark_1

@Mark_1, that error is usually due to the rate of change of glucose level being too fast for the sensor to compute sensibly. Normally, if you leave it for a bit, it comes back to life!

It's been failing for hours at a time, almost for a full day more than once. My levels never go up or down by much on low carb usually no more than 0.5 Hopefully I've been unlucky and just got a faulty first sensor. Replacement arrived today.

hedderz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hijack the thread but I thought it better than starting a new one that's very similar.

I started the trail of the Frestyle Libre just over a week ago. My first sensor was working fine and I found it great. Unfortunately it ripped off as I was getting in the car. Abbott were really good and sent me a new sensor. It arrived yesterday and I put it on. I am now no longer getting the graph. It reads my levels which seem fairly spot on compared to my blood metre but just no history. I'm not sure if its the sensor or the metre.,

Anyone else seen this? I have emailed Abbott but with it being a weekend, I won't get a reply until Monday and thought I would try here first. I have a spare sensor but didn't want to swap it in case it was something else.

Thanks in advance.

Justin

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 5,197

Katey14064

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had this and a sensor died on me..my new sensor has done this too..took about 10 mins to get it working again and now it's fine (fingers crossed) im calling abbott tomorrow to hopefully get my other one replaced!

Steffany

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had that come up a few times back when I was on the libre, sometimes I could trace a reason; like I had just had a bath, and other times it would be totally random and feel like it lasted forever. It's annoying, but it often passes, worst case sinario when you next change your sensor.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had this today - this is the first sensor I have put on using skintac, and keeping in place with tegaderm as the gym, pool etc tends to be too much for the adhesive - but this one has been feeling really irritated... a lot of scratching this morning and itchy... I wondered if it was the tegaderm that needed replacing as it is peeling up a little - at work at the moment so can't do much about it and it has been working fine this morning for four scans already so it has been working...

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had this when I put my current one on - came up when I scanned it for the first time. 10 minutes later it was working as normal and so far (2 days in) it seems to be holding up alright. Have ordered a spare just in case though...

mindon

keep getting the same errors since the 7th day...

why such a error comes up?
"The sensor is unable to provide a glucose reading. Try scanning again in approximately 10 minutes."