Pen users - do you forget?

dizzydonkeys

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Anyone a pen user that forgets their doses? Common with the older generation, and probably for those newly diagnosed as its not yet 'normal'. I am looking for a few case studies to trial a product and answer a few generic questions for me. Any volunteers appareciated. Thanks

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Insulchek and timesulin do pen reminders -- is this the sort of thing you are referring to ??

https://timesulin.com/

dizzydonkeys

Type of diabetes
Type 1
No not quite as complex as those.
See attached (hopefully) is patented etc but been shelved due to old age, said would research with view to goi g to market.

Attachments

• 20170623_193325.jpg
    20170623_193325.jpg
    974.4 KB · Views: 536

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I really can't see anybody using that box thing. Novopens come with a built in digital display which tells you the size and time since your last dose.

Old_Dave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Timesulin to keep track of my NovaRapid and stop me overdosing or double dosing. The slow release is just based around mealtimes i.e. Breakfast / Dinner

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If I had more room in my prescription cupboard I'd use at home but not practical for my handbag.
Housebound might benefit thou if no little hands to interfer.

Old_Dave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I really can't see anybody using that box thing. Novopens come with a built in digital display which tells you the size and time since your last dose.
My Novapens don't have any digital display at all - just the dosage dial however Timesulin gives me the time since I last injected and my meter can tell me the last dosage and all the others before it.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry not to be supportive but whilst I'm thinking that I need a reminder system (I currently have nothing) this wouldn't work for me. When I'm working or out and about this would be of no use....

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Anyone a pen user that forgets their doses? Common with the older generation, and probably for those newly diagnosed as its not yet 'normal'. I am looking for a few case studies to trial a product and answer a few generic questions for me. Any volunteers appareciated. Thanks
Dosage isn't a problem but I did forget to give my final shot about a month or so ago - completely missed my Basal shot - figured it out in the morning when I found my pen still in my pants pocket (This marks twice in my life where I have forgotten to give my shot) once I gave the wrong insulin - accidentally injecting fast acting instead of my Basal - realized just after I did it and had to eat a night time big meal to prevent going in to hypo.
But that's been about it - over the years I've been living with diabetes. Not bad I guess...

Monkey201

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy to volunteer ... 46 yo female stage 2 diabetic on insulin past 2-3 years, use Humapen with no auto-reminder. Also have ME, so have set up my own reminder system using once (was twice) same time of day (morning) with a daily manual tick off amount/date paper slip kept inside case. Have only missed about 3 doses since started using my pen.