Hi all, can someone help, please?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since being diagnosed type two, I've been taking sertraline 50mg anti depressants for one week, and then the Dr bumped me up to 100mg for the past 6 days.... The problem is I've got a really dry mouth and am still drinking extra water....Could this be diabetes still or is it more likely to be side affects from the medication...... Hopefully someone can help?? This weather is too **** hot lol.....

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @GerardSinclair - I think you will find it is the side effects of the Sertraline. I started on 50mg a week ago and I am drinking more water than ever.

Reactions: GerardSinclair

Mugwump

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Pump
Since being diagnosed type two, I've been taking sertraline 50mg anti depressants for one week, and then the Dr bumped me up to 100mg for the past 6 days.... The problem is I've got a really dry mouth and am still drinking extra water....Could this be diabetes still or is it more likely to be side affects from the medication...... Hopefully someone can help?? This weather is too **** hot lol.....

I have been on 100mg of Sertraline and often found I had a dry mouth. It's quite common I think.

Reactions: GerardSinclair

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I am on 100mg of sertraline.
I have an extremely dry mouth but that tends to be all morning. I have had this problem for about 2 years and still ongoing. The dry mouth was long before I started on sertraline but I doubt in my case it's due to the sertraline but it doesn,t help.
Personally I think it's partly due to being t2 and also the anti psycotic I also am on

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @GerardSinclair - You could try Sugar Free Mints to keep your mouth moist. But, don't eat too many as most sugar free mints/sweets contain Sorbitol or something simular and this can have a laxative effect.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @GerardSinclair - You could try Sugar Free Mints to keep your mouth moist. But, don't eat too many as most sugar free mints/sweets contain Sorbitol or something simular and this can have a laxative effect.
Thanks Liam, I didn't think of that. I'm gonna get some and see how they go. I'll get some in the morning, I'll let you know how I get on. I'll remember not too many though lol...wishing you a happy, healthy weekend....Thanks again..

Reactions: Liam1955
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am on 100mg of sertraline.
I have an extremely dry mouth but that tends to be all morning. I have had this problem for about 2 years and still ongoing. The dry mouth was long before I started on sertraline but I doubt in my case it's due to the sertraline but it doesn,t help.
Personally I think it's partly due to being t2 and also the anti psycotic I also am on
Sounds like your having a rough time too... Bless you. One minute I was healthy and then bang, life has changed just like that... So **** annoying, I really need to get myself together....I hope you have a nice happy weekend....Thanks for the input....

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @GerardSinclair :).

@Contralto has just pointed out in the above post - you could try chewing gum = Sugar Free of course.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got a medication with the same side effect so know what you mean.

There is a point at which you exceed your water for the day, but you can amelioate by increasing your saliva with gum or chewing on something or another like a pieces of gristle or whatever you won't swallow.
Thanks..... Enjoy your weekend....