Info

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm suprised this isnt listed on the GOV.uk/ MHRA website??

Ange1a65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am sorry if this is not genuine......just thought it may help someone

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Ange1a65 ,

Thanks for the link! I had heard this elsewhere, but this takes it from the "horse's mouth." :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yes, its genuine but I just wondered why the new Govuk/mhra website which has replaced the old website has absolutely no details at all for a recall.

HasanG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, its genuine but I just wondered why the new Govuk/mhra website which has replaced the old website has absolutely no details at all for a recall.
I don't think this recall is very serious. Very few people I assume if none at all would need to wash the catridge holder with soaps/washing up liquids

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
One of my pens broke previously. Basically snapped pretty much in half just from lifting out of case. The needle end completely stuck in the cover. Never been dropped or washed!! They did replace it.

I now have 3 pens... all need replacing from tge serial number check and patients can only get up to 2 replaced. I actually use 3 pens daily-1 tresiba, 1 insulatard, 1 novorapid.

katmcd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One of my pens broke previously. Basically snapped pretty much in half just from lifting out of case. The needle end completely stuck in the cover. Never been dropped or washed!! They did replace it.

I now have 3 pens... all need replacing from tge serial number check and patients can only get up to 2 replaced. I actually use 3 pens daily-1 tresiba, 1 insulatard, 1 novorapid.
You can submit the form multiple times. I have 2 pens, both lots affected. So I ordered 2 cartridge holders for each. Just did the form twice. They will come in separate parcels from DHL, but it was very quick. And there's a small envelope to send back the faulty cartridge but nothing that could identify you. Really they'll have no idea how many pens you actually own or if they are affected lots.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Oh blimey, missed the envelope to return old cartridge holders for the 2. Arrived today. It was the cartridge holder that broke in my last one!!