Can pregnancy cause more frequent hypos?

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,

So I'm nearly 2 weeks late but I haven't had a positive test yet. The only thing I've noticed is I've had increased hypos last week, can this be caused by pregnancy?

Thanks!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @DiabeticPanda :)

Possibly. I found I had higher sugars for the first couple of weeks or so, then the hypos kicked in around week 7 or 8.

I'd keep an open mind and test again in a few days :)

Reactions: DiabeticPanda

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Possibly. I found I had higher sugars for the first couple of weeks or so, then the hypos kicked in around week 7 or 8.

Thanks Azure! It's weird because I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms but I've just realised today that I'm so late :/

I guess only time will tell!

Reactions: azure

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hi @azure, me again!

I still haven't had a period yet but the only sypmtoms I've had are tiredness, frequent urination, dizziness, headaches & a weird metallic taste in my mouth. All tests so far have been negative so I guess that means I'm not pregnant but as a diabetic do you think I should be worried about this??

Sorry I know you're not a doctor I just need some advice ... don't want to go wasting the doctors time :/

Thanks!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@DiabeticPanda Which pregnancy tests are you using? How late are you now?

There are a number of reasons for a missed period, apart from pregnancy, so don't worry about that. But if you're not feeling right, then it might be worth a trip to your GP just to make sure there isn't another cause. You could also ask them to do their own pregnancy test just to be sure.

The dizziness and frequent urination sounds like something that might need checking out so I'd take a urine sample just in case you have a UTI or something.

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@DiabeticPanda Which pregnancy tests are you using? How late are you now?

There are a number of reasons for a missed period, apart from pregnancy, so don't worry about that. But if you're not feeling right, then it might be worth a trip to your GP just to make sure there isn't another cause. You could also ask them to do their own pregnancy test just to be sure.

The dizziness and frequent urination sounds like something that might need checking out so I'd take a urine sample just in case you have a UTI or something.

I'm 25 days late and I've been using Tesco own brand mostly then I tried ClearBlue today but still showing as negative. I'm waiting for a call back from the GP, I'm just getting so frustrated with not knowing what's going on! :( xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 25 days late and I've been using Tesco own brand mostly then I tried ClearBlue today but still showing as negative. I'm waiting for a call back from the GP, I'm just getting so frustrated with not knowing what's going on! :( xx

Two reputable brands :)

It could be a hormonal thing maybe, or just one of those stupid things women's bodies do sometimes, but it's sensible to speak to a doctor.

Let us know how you get on. X