Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Mr Early morning reading for type 2 Diabetes was 15.8 and has been at this level for a over 2 weeks. My wife had a heart attack and it shot through the roof. I made contact with my doctors surgery with the information of my reading, only to receive a phone call 48 hours later and being told that I must lose weight. This was with no consideration of the fact that I am looking after my wife as a carer and have been for the last 18 months.

I do not think the doctor read the latest reading supplied to the surgery or he would have advised differently.

Hi. sorry to hear about your wife's heart attack. I hope things ease and that she recovers as best as she can. The stress will definitely contribute to your blood sugar as I'm sure you know..and such simplistic advice from a doctor won't help that, eh? Just wondering how your readings are generally and if you are on a low carb diet and/or meds. Take care of yourself too.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Slight aside - my son has managed to arrange one in Fulwood with no parking outside and two flights of steps to even reach the front door - and then he is in the converted attic - won't need much exercise on move-in day!

Daughters house is at the top of Crookes hill - also an attic room. We did a lot of up and down today :)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mr Early morning reading for type 2 Diabetes was 15.8 and has been at this level for a over 2 weeks. My wife had a heart attack and it shot through the roof. I made contact with my doctors surgery with the information of my reading, only to receive a phone call 48 hours later and being told that I must lose weight. This was with no consideration of the fact that I am looking after my wife as a carer and have been for the last 18 months.

I do not think the doctor read the latest reading supplied to the surgery or he would have advised differently.
Hello honey, I hope your wife is stable now. It seems that you have a better knowledge of your condition than your GP! Read all you can to give yourself a chance of managing your situation. I've found Low Carb Higher fat has helped me loose weight, it can be done, but I do appreciate you have a lot to deal with at the moment. Please remember you are no good to your wife unless you are well, so it's not selfish to focus on yourself and you help for a bit. Good luck, read our threads and stick with us. There are some very friendly clever peeps around who are very generous with their knowledge.:)