weight loss stalled

centaur68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
been doing LCHF for 3mths now, lost stone & noticeable fat loss but now weight hasn't moved for 3weeks despite doing nothing different, does body find its natural state or can I boost it somehow to go through few extra pounds?
I do intermittent fasting but could probably do more.. thanks

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
what exercise are you doing?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
been doing LCHF for 3mths now, lost stone & noticeable fat loss but now weight hasn't moved for 3weeks despite doing nothing different, does body find its natural state or can I boost it somehow to go through few extra pounds?

having lost your stone (well done), how close are you to your target weight?

Some people do find they reach a plateau for a while, then move on, and some find they reach a plateau and stick there, as if finding "their place".

I don't know if your eating has changed, even a little of late, that could affect things.

In your shoes, I wouldn't be panicking yet, but it could be an idea to just "do something" differently for a few days or weeks - Eat differently; whether change your eating window, if that's the style of IF you are doing, up the exercise a bit more.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What intermittent fasting regime are you using? Maybe changing that would help?

Bonnylad

I have the same problem, started off well and dropped from 14 stone to 12 s 4 lbs in 10 weeks but I’ve stuck there for the last 3 weeks. My eating habits haven’t changed. no pasta, rice, potatoes, milk or sugar, no sweeteners, only water and organic green tea. Probably could do more walking. I have substituted lunch for a tuna or ham salad, any suggestions ?

dipsydo

I know we are all different but I had a similar issue. I lost steadily from 16 and half stone to 13 stone a couple lbs a week then I plateaued for 6 weeks and then suddenly lost 7 lbs and then another 8 weeks nothing happened and then lost another 7lbs . So I feel for me that I plataeu as I get closer to "normal weight ". I also need to keep an eye on the protein I was eating a bit too much cheese) so try and aim for 0.8 gms of the weight I want to be. I keep a food diary and find the discipline helps as if I have to put it on a spread sheet it makes me think rather than eat. I IF (16:8) and try to finish before 6pm.
Saying that I am currently on another plateau and I am ever hopeful that another few weeks 7lbs will come off. and then I will stop as I will be "normal weight" I try not to stress because as long as bsg is OK then I feel I should be content.