Amazing & Awesome Avocados.

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ssshhhh.. I believe Aldi is worldwide and ours have all MX absolutely gorgeous avocados. .89. Cheapest anywhere. If you have Aldi might be worth a look !

wow! that really is cheap, (£0.53p at today's rates) - never seen anything like that price over here. Nor have I ever seen Mexican ones - yet! We also have Aldi locally (that's where I got those on special that I talked about earlier), but sadly they've had nothing like those since that one time, even at normal prices. I've concluded they must have been South African.

Now I'm on the hunt for a Waitrose that's within reasonable travel distance :)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
wow! that really is cheap, (£0.53p at today's rates) - never seen anything like that price over here. Nor have I ever seen Mexican ones - yet! We also have Aldi locally (that's where I got those on special that I talked about earlier), but sadly they've had nothing like those since that one time, even at normal prices. I've concluded they must have been South African.

Now I'm on the hunt for a Waitrose that's within reasonable travel distance :)
It might be worth a stop in to aldis when it's not out of your way. I had great ones there and bad ones, just like everywhere else though. Some here are from California too and the last 6 we popped open are amazing. Both MX and CA

Unfortunately with those buggers you never know what you're going to get but at those low prices if I have to toss it's not as painful. Not only origin but seasons matter too. They really are like babies and need constant attention but it s worth it for me.

Reactions: Salvia

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well tonight's Mexican avo was better, riper, softer and better taste. I think yesterday's wasn't quite ripe.

Reactions: Kristin251
D

Deleted member 308541

We are right out of the ones we got last week, going to have get a couple of bags of them next shopping trip if they still have them.

Edit: Here's a link to Australian Avocados.

They have some good recipes there, I noticed a Avo cheesecake that with a bit of modifying could be made low carbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Salvia

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We are right out of the ones we got last week, going to have get a couple of bags of them next shopping trip if they still have them.

They have some good recipes there, I noticed a Avo cheesecake that with a bit of modifying could be made low carbish.

That's a great link Tipetoo, many thanks. Love the looks of some of those recipes - bookmarked for future use; you never know, I might get to be a bit more adventurous with how I use mine :)

The "how tos" are pretty good as well

D

Deleted member 308541

Seriously people!!! 106 posts about avocados???:rolleyes:
I would sooner read about peoples love/ like of avocados, than read a lot of the doom and gloom that gets posted on this forum. It's a nice happy thread that avocado eaters can enjoy.

Come to think of it, it's the first thread I have posted since being a member that has gone into six pages. :D

Reactions: Prem51

Hotpepper20000

I would sooner read about peoples love/ like of avocados, than read a lot of the doom and gloom that gets posted on this forum. It's a nice happy thread that avocado eaters can enjoy.

Come to think of it, it's the first thread I have posted since being a member that has gone into six pages. :D
I do agree with you lol. I just find it humorous.
I'm a fan of avocados as well.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree. Diabetes is certainly enough to deal with. Humor ( avocado on a cheese thread ) makes things a bit easier. It's awesome to compare origins and tips/ recipes. Keeps the doom and gloom at least a tad further away.

So good for bs and an awesome healthy fat. For EVERYONE

From what Ive read, in 6 pages, nobody has anything bad to say unless they don't like them. Never hurts bs or hunger. SUPER food. Why not share about it. Keeps things upwards always than downwards.

I think for all of us involved it's become a positive thread. If nothing other than for conversation purposes. We all have bs bs ( ******** blood sugar). Just nice to have a few laughs. I know I've laughed out loud and fallen off my chair laughing. So much better than crying and beating my head against a wall!!

Cheers to avocado!!!. Oops did wine slip in there?

Last edited:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

I do put my Avos in the fridge with an ethelyne egg to stop ripening. Maybe that's my key!! They seem to produce ethylene andnthese little plastic eggs with packets keep them good. Hm...

And honestly. Our banter, laughs and all conversation on easy street make it so much easier than bs. Even if it involves cheese. Lol

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cheers to avocado!!!. Oops did wine slip in there?
You can buy avocado wine @Kristin251! :D

avo wine.jpg

https://www.schneblywinery.com/product/Sweet-Avocado

Last edited:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Now if they only came out with avocado vodka!!!

Please don't tell me they did. Lol
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any avocado spirits or liqueurs. :(
Perhaps a business opportunity for an avocado entrepreneur?

You could make your own avocado infused vodka though.