• Start Date

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm still waiting for it to be available in the Netherlands, so can't help you, but dit you try searching for fiasp in the search bar on this site? There are a lot of posts about it. My apologies if you already did. It took me quite a long time before I found the search function :p

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep persuaded consultant to let me switch. Early days so no conclusion yet as basal went bit screwy of late. MDI which is why consultant was bit reluctant.

D

Deleted member 83869

I'm still waiting for it to be available in the Netherlands, so can't help you, but dit you try searching for fiasp in the search bar on this site? There are a lot of posts about it. My apologies if you already did. It took me quite a long time before I found the search function :p
I did... but nothing came up?? hmmm, I shall try again!

D

Deleted member 83869

Yep persuaded consultant to let me switch. Early days so no conclusion yet as basal went bit screwy of late. MDI which is why consultant was bit reluctant.
Ahhh I am tempted to ask for it just not sure...

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's no cost differential. My view was that I wanted to give it a go and I would let them know how it went. Certainly at my clinic, at the moment, the view is that it's good for Pump but not yet proven that better for MDI.

D

Deleted member 83869

Is there any particular reasons why you're looking for a switch? What bolus insulin are you using just now?
I'm a pumper... and have frequent highs after meals even when bolusing 20 mins beforehand!
Plus It's new and was just curious ha! I'm on novorapid

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a pumper... and have frequent highs after meals even when bolusing 20 mins beforehand!
Plus It's new and was just curious ha! I'm on novorapid
Are your basal rates properly set and is your carb counting accurate?

The reports I've heard and read regarding Fiasp are somewhat underwhelming. In fact, just the other day I read that a lot of users are still having to advance bolus for meals and Fiasp has only reduced this delay by around half... I had intended to get on this insulin asap, but now I have absolutely no intentions of going anywhere near it.

It's entirely possible to get an HbA1c well below 80mmol/mol with Novorapid by the way:) Sure, Fiasp might reduce your post postprandial highs to some degree; but with an HbA1c of 80 I would bet that there are more pressing management issues to put right first. If you put them right now, then if you decide to switch to Fiasp then you'll be able to get the most out of it.

If you haven't read these, it would be really beneficial for you to get yourself a copy of each:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Think-Like.../ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pumping-In...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RZP1W8VJZYKNBKXZJMBB

D

Deleted member 83869

Are your basal rates properly set and is your carb counting accurate?

The reports I've heard and read regarding Fiasp are somewhat underwhelming. In fact, just the other day I read that a lot of users are still having to advance bolus for meals and Fiasp has only reduced this delay by around half... I had intended to get on this insulin asap, but now I have absolutely no intentions of going anywhere near it.

It's entirely possible to get an HbA1c well below 80mmol/mol with Novorapid by the way:) Sure, Fiasp might reduce your post postprandial highs to some degree; but with an HbA1c of 80 I would bet that there are more pressing management issues to put right first. Addressing your current management issues on Novorapid would not only reduce your HbA1c straight away, but it would also build on your knowledge. That extra knowledge and understanding will then allow you to get the most from Fiasp if you do decide to go down that route.

If you haven't read these, it would be really beneficial for you to get yourself a copy of each:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Think-Like.../ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pumping-In...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RZP1W8VJZYKNBKXZJMBB

Well I've not done enough research nor actually set my mind onto actually wanting it.... that hba1c of 80....I need to change that... its very old (haven't been on here in a while) The lowest hba1c I've ever had is 58 but that was in pregnancy.
My management "issues" will be down to my mental health, which is recognised by alot of health care professionals. However, even when I am on the ball etc, and have done everything right... i will have a spike and go above 13mmol...and then there goes my mood... its a vicious cycle. But all this fiasp talk for me is mainly curiosity.

I've got them books already :)

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I've not done enough research nor actually set my mind onto actually wanting it.... that hba1c of 80....I need to change that... its very old (haven't been on here in a while) The lowest hba1c I've ever had is 58 but that was in pregnancy.
My management "issues" will be down to my mental health, which is recognised by alot of health care professionals. However, even when I am on the ball etc, and have done everything right... i will have a spike and go above 13mmol...and then there goes my mood... its a vicious cycle. But all this fiasp talk for me is mainly curiosity.

I've got them books already :)
Apologies @ohitsnicola, I was assuming the HbA1c in your signature was up to date. The point I was making was basically that Fiasp wouldn't reduce that to a normal range by itself. But you must have already made a reduction since then so that's excellent:)

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties; there are many wonderful people here to talk with should you ever feel the need.

Yes I agree that it's quite exciting when new products become available, especially ones that make claims like Fiasp has.

D

Deleted member 83869

Apologies @ohitsnicola, I was assuming the HbA1c in your signature was up to date. The point I was making was basically that Fiasp wouldn't reduce that to a normal range by itself. But you must have already made a reduction since then so that's excellent:)

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties; there are many wonderful people here to talk with should you ever feel the need.

Yes I agree that it's quite exciting when new products become available, especially ones that make claims like Fiasp has.

No no, don't apologise... my own fault for not changing it! I am getting it done tomorrow... it is probably higher than 80 now... as I am going through a battle of finding an antidepressant that works for me!

My hba1c prior to pump were always well over 110...was crazy!! Would love to have a hba1c below 50...one day!

D

Deleted member 83869

I'm sure that you will get there:)
I hope so!

I thought I had found an antidepressant...GP was very confident too, said that it helps with sleeping...but failed to mention the fact that it turns you into a zombie all day....which is no good when you have a hyper 1 year old haha!

Levy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm planning about enquiring about Fiasp at my next appointment, to try and address this...

(ignore the lows during the night, my Libre seems to be reading lower when I sleep, I've tested and I'm not actually hypo)

Attachments

• 1504196138240.jpg
    1504196138240.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 310