Burgers burgers burgers

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kristin251 - Have you tried making a ground lamb, or ground pork hamburger> It could potentially be the grinding/minced nature of the meat processing causing you the issue, a bit like fruit smoothies, or pulp can be trickier than natural, uncooked or unprocessed fruit.
Nice thought and potentially the problem though cheese can do it too if over eaten. That's a lot of the reason I never make smoothies. Scary haha
Re lamb burger. Hm... I adore my roasted rare chops with garlic oil oregano and Sage. No need to mince those beauties. Love them cold ass well.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice thought and potentially the problem though cheese can do it too if over eaten. That's a lot of the reason I never make smoothies. Scary haha
Re lamb burger. Hm... I adore my roasted rare chops with garlic oil oregano and Sage. No need to mince those beauties. Love them cold ass well.

What I'm asking is if you have made lamb burgers to see if they cause the same rise?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What I'm asking is if you have made lamb burgers to see if they cause the same rise?
I have had ground lamb burgers ground fresh daily but much fattier than chops and yes, they did cause the same rise.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had ground lamb burgers ground fresh daily but much fattier than chops and yes, they did cause the same rise.

Do the lamb chops demonstrate the same rise or not? (Sorry to be so granular.)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope. Not the chops. Just ground with a higher fat content.

Why does your ground meat have a higher fat content? My butcher grinds the meat I choose, so my ground beef is beef steak, or whatever. Actually, my all of my butcher's ground beef is ground steak, as they supply commercial outlets and care homes too, and the care homes in particular demand that specification.

Alternatively you could grind your own meats to control the content.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why does your ground meat have a higher fat content? My butcher grinds the meat I choose, so my ground beef is beef steak, or whatever. Actually, my all of my butcher's ground beef is ground steak, as they supply commercial outlets and care homes too, and the care homes in particular demand that specification.

Alternatively you could grind your own meats to control the content.
They would grind steak for me but this isn't just normal ground beef. Most people like it fatty and not lean.
I would just eat the steak. No need for grinding.
The point I'm trying to make is that it appears the fat content is what's raising me.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I still expect the issue is the grounding process itself. The only way to find out is to buy two lots of meat and get one lot ground.

D

Deleted member 308541

I still expect the issue is the grounding process itself.
The only thing that happens when meat is put through mincer / grinder is a increase in temperature of the meat.

This is one of the the reasons that minced / ground beef goes off quicker than normal prepared meat. In the good ol' days SO2 or Sulphur Dioxide powder, mixed together with cold water was added to the meat to prevent this before it became illegal to do do.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The meat also gets a much larger surface area for our digestive juices to act on......

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The only thing that happens when meat is put through mincer / grinder is a increase in temperature of the meat.

This is one of the the reasons that minced / ground beef goes off quicker than normal prepared meat. In the good ol' days SO2 or Sulphur Dioxide powder, mixed together with cold water was added to the meat to prevent this before it became illegal to do do.
Thank you!! Back to animal fat!! Cheese time lol

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Its a burger made from vegetables. My wife is American and we have a wedding to attend in Cali next August, I intend to track one down.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting. But no thanks. Weird ingredients lol. I'll just eat beef haha.

I'm sure CA will be one of the first states to get it. It does sound intriguing

Reactions: NoCrbs4Me