Naturefile

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I love your gorgeous colour scheme, Anna. And your plants all look so wonderfully healthy. A real tribute to you. :)
I thank you but the glory goes to hubby who has taken over all of the gardening since he retired last year. The lavender grew from a sprig that a friend's daughter had in her wedding bouquet.

Reactions: debrasue
D

debrasue

I thank you but the glory goes to hubby who has taken over all of the gardening since he retired last year. The lavender grew from a sprig that a friend's daughter had in her wedding bouquet.
It's beautiful - your husband does a great job!

I love lavender and have quite a few pots and bushes of it dotted around the garden, but this year I feel none of them has looked their best. They are all looking a bit leggy and sparse. Seeing how bushy and healthy yours looks has made me decide I must start again next year and replace them all. I think you can get away with hard pruning in the autumn for a few years, but in my garden lavender certainly seems to have a 'shelf life' of around 5 or 6 years, and then it's time to start again.

I love the smell of it, though, and always dry the flowerheads for my linen drawers. Slipping into crisp, fresh bed linen smelling of lavender on a dark winter's evening is, for me, one of life's true pleasures. When I close my eyes the scent is instantly evocative of warm, lazy days and the buzz of bees drifting through the flower borders. Summer in a drawer... :happy:

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I wish I could enjoy the lavender too, unfortunately it's one of the worst triggers for my hay fever! I have to walk past a large lavender bed every time I walk into town and I always get the watery eyes, runny nose and the sneezes!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Here are some soothing pictures - hope you are having a calm and happy day

DSCF4456.JPG
DSCF4524 (2).JPG

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Happy Birthday dear A Happy Birthday to you....and many more cc
@Diamum5972

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Beautiful pictures, Anna - is this where you walk each day?
Hi Debra,. Yes, these are pictures from the woodland behind our home, the ducks live on the little loch in the woods. We walk there every evening after dinner and some mornings if we aren't walking at our local Country Park. We have many beautiful places to walk close by, we're so grateful that we live where we do.

D

debrasue

Hi Debra,. Yes, these are pictures from the woodland behind our home, the ducks live on the little loch in the woods. We walk there every evening after dinner and some mornings if we aren't walking at our local Country Park. We have many beautiful places to walk close by, we're so grateful that we live where we do.
Blissful...

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Your photos are always gorgeous @pavlosn - please keep uploading them. Here would probably be better as the Mods prefer the Fasting Bloods threads to be kept just for the fasting figures:angelic:
If you look at James avatar beneath your post to me about visiting Scotland and the Lake District [May June and September are usually our driest and mildest months] you will see the Kelpie Statues, these and the Falkirk Wheel are local tourist attractions to where we live in Central Scotland. Thanks again for your photos from Cyprus:)

Reactions: pavlosn

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@debrasue @pavlosn Thanks.

pavlosn I love your photos of Cyprus as I fell in love with the place the very first time I visited. but have not been there for some while now.

When I took that photo I posted I walked around a bend in the path and there was that one tree (I first caught sight of) bathed in a beautiful golden light an almost mystical experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: pavlosn

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some photos of Caparis Spinoza, the caper plant, from this morning's walk. The plant grows wild by the side of the road on rocky ground.

I find it's flowers beautifully delicate.

The edible capers that some people like to add in salads are the pickled flower buds of this plant.

4cee080fc807c0b6f9b50f8819d9a6a6.jpg

bddc55d1dde2da096628c2250781cd76.jpg

d8d7d3958cd6b50db52a675949227bdc.jpg

e0ab6593a8235d78785baca5711c802f.jpg

21da0ff09066b5a4c667fb5602401df9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: debrasue