advice please

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was able for a few months this year to not take corrections as they always landed me on the verge of or hypo no matter how small. If I left it it would reasonably correct overnight. It was put down to honeymoon at the time which I agree with. I'm now able to take small corrections at higher (double) figures and know roughly where I'll end up. It fits with my insulin sensitivity factor which I calculated.

I had to try taking 0.5 unit to see what that lowered me by until I cautiously tried 1 unit and I've been able to use the correction factor since. It's not hugely precise as I think I'm fairly insulin sensitive.

Just my two pence of my own experience. :)
i am going to ask for a half unit pen at my appointment on monday thanks for reply x
i do keep a detailed bg diary with me doses of insulin i take and i have got an appointment with dsn on monday il jot down the meals ive eaten for me tea tonight ive had a grilled gammon steak ,small jacket potato and beans i took 8 units of apidra this was at 4.30 this afternoon done me bg at 9.30 and reading was 11,7 so il let you know what my reading are in the morning x
my bg was 7.4 this morning so i am not having anything to eat till lunch time just to see what bg do although will check bg in between x

Reactions: db89 and slip

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i am going to ask for a half unit pen at my appointment on monday thanks for reply x

my bg was 7.4 this morning so i am not having anything to eat till lunch time just to see what bg do although will check bg in between x
by lunch time my bg was 5.8 2hrs b4 6.7 so i think my basal is steady (says me after 1 try haha )

Reactions: noblehead and slip

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
by lunch time my bg was 5.8 2hrs b4 6.7 so i think my basal is steady (says me after 1 try haha )
Excellent. The half unit pens are invaluable to me. Most of my injections are half units. One plummets me except in the morning and I've tried eating more and I still drop.

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Excellent. The half unit pens are invaluable to me. Most of my injections are half units. One plummets me except in the morning and I've tried eating more and I still drop.
as ive said kristin i have got appointment with dsn on monday so will be asking for a half unit pen . im off work this week but i have terrible trouble with my bg of a morning i only have two units of insulin and by 10am im near hitting the floor even if idont do any insulin although in my job i am very active thanks for all your advice much appreciated xx