Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone,

Five weeks done
Weight loss this week a lb for a total of 16lbs
FBG of 6
Three inches off my waist.

Oh I'm finding it hard. But I'm still on appr 1000 cals a day. Lots of nice comments from family and friends and frankly those are keeping me going.

Xx

FBG 6 ! Brilliant !
Keep it going, you seem to be doing better and better and yes I agree it's sooo hard
But you are making great progress and people are noticing.

Small steps get you there in the end. It will be so worth it

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
FBG 6 ! Brilliant !
Keep it going, you seem to be doing better and better and yes I agree it's sooo hard
But you are making great progress and people are noticing.

Small steps get you there in the end. It will be so worth it

thank you.
It's such a rollercoaster ride! Not as simple and straightforward as I thought it would be but slowly getting there.
I've had FBG in the 5s; in fact, it dropped within three days. Can't wait for my next HbA1C!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
thank you.
It's such a rollercoaster ride! Not as simple and straightforward as I thought it would be but slowly getting there.
I've had FBG in the 5s; in fact, it dropped within three days. Can't wait for my next HbA1C!

Oh, yes, it is a rollecoaster ride. I'm finding it very difficult right now. :( Sticking with it though.

Reactions: marathonmona

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I still can't make up my mind about whether to go for the full 12 weeks or stop at 8 weeks. Mr Chook suggested that I stop at 8 weeks - just carry on with my usual VLC - then do another 8 weeks of ND after Christmas. (I think he's bored with me constantly being hungry in the evenings.... ) I just don't know :confused::facepalm:

The actual meal planning is becoming a lot easier - I've been keeping a food diary so I'm just repeating days I've done before - my real problem is from about three hours after dinner until going to bed - I'm constantlyhungry. I've tried Bovril and drinking mineral water but neither worked .... any suggestions?

upload_2017-9-21_11-1-3.jpeg

Reactions: Freema

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not keeping motivated, eating when not hungry too much of the time. Need to up my distractions
my real problem is from about three hours after dinner until going to bed - I'm constantlyhungry.

View attachment 23912

I'm an evening grazer too, I bought some no sugar buttons chocolate from hotel chocolat and have a couple of them with a couple of nuts if I'm munchy or some cheese but then again I'm not watching calories at the moment. Just trying to keep portions smaller. My blood sugar seems to be levelling out a bit more and is mostly under 7 mmol 2 hours after I've eaten. It's hovering around 7 on getting up too. I got a caresens meter which seems to read 1 mmol less than the SD codefree one I've been using the last year so that's interesting, not sure which one is more accurate but I'm going with the caresens one for now :D

@Chook well done for the cake, although I'm finding that I don't like the way that sweet things smell any more which is a good thing really so not too tempted by those, it could also be a result of eating sweetener and sugar free chocolate. The other stuff doesn't seem appealing now. Still want to buy bread though when the dastardly supermarkets pump the smell of it round their stores ... grrr

@TooManyCrisps I supposed it's just a question of whether your health is more important than other people's feelings about their food. Sounds harsh but it's true. On the BSD forum there were people that went on holiday to stay with friends and they just made sure to tell them what they were doing. The majority found they were very supportive and would go out of their way to find stuff they could eat. Alternatively they took their own food with them so as to make it easier on the host....

Reactions: Peerless67

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my real problem is from about three hours after dinner until going to bed - I'm constantlyhungry. I've tried Bovril and drinking mineral water but neither worked .... any suggestions?

Can't think of any food suggestions as I'd normally say add some fat, but probably isn't possible given the calorie restrictions, but how about moving lunch and dinner later - so you'll still have a long fasting window (noting from the eating thread that you're not doing breakfast), but have less time without food before bed? I find it much easier to go long periods of time without food earlier in the day.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good idea! I was thinking maybe about fasting until dinner.... BUT (and mine is a big butt) my BG was 3.4 just before dinner this evening with no symptoms of hypo (but a lot of hunger!) and that was after eating some lunch. I think maybe your idea is better - move lunch round to 3pm and dinner round to 7.30! I do like an experiment! :)

Reactions: Goonergal

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If your low BG would not have been an issue without you having a meter to know it is low, why does having a meter make it a problem?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If your low BG would not have been an issue without you having a meter to know it is low, why does having a meter make it a problem?

Because its a sign that I'm experiencing degradation of my awareness of hypo.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
As you are just taking metformin, I expect it is more a sign that your brain is getting used to running on fat.

I've been on metformin for years and I've been on a keto diet for two years - this reduction in my ability to recognise an incipient hypo is new.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Woo hoooo - I just had the results of my HbA1c - still low, actually slightly lower this time - 28, which is still 4.9 (weird because March's 29 was 4.9 as well). Ah well..... maths was never my strongest subject.

@marathonmona - how are you getting on?? :)

Marathonmona, the smell of the bread in Asdas has tormented me for 8 weeks now.

Same here! Do you get the Lidl high protein rolls? They don't smell at all the same as normal bread - but at least they don't spike my BG.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woo hoooo - I just had the results of my HbA1c - still low, actually slightly lower this time - 28, which is still 4.9 (weird because March's 29 was 4.9 as well). Ah well..... maths was never my strongest subject.

Congratulations @Chook

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not keeping motivated, eating when not hungry too much of the time. Need to up my distractions

Same here! Do you get the Lidl high protein rolls? They don't smell at all the same as normal bread - but at least they don't spike my BG.
Lots of people have mentioned those, will have to try them now I have a meter as I used to love them before and were the ones I usually went for

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hello all!!

29! Amazing. So low! Excellent work.

I'm struggling! Let me spell it out :
I've eaten chocolate, chips, and biscuits. Not just the one either. It's not been good.

And to be honest I don't know why! I've been sleeping well, I've had lots of compliments, I've felt great. I have been hungry yes and that's been my main complaint. But this week I've given in. More than once. And it's not like I've been to a nice wedding or sit down meal and enjoyed a 'night off', no, I've just eaten without enjoying it. Ugh. I briefly thought about giving up. I've been here before (usually a lot sooner!) and it's at this point I throw in the towel.

So I need to dig deep and find my motivation again. I've achieved a lot and cannot throw all of this hard work away.

I fee a bit sad and cross with myself but generally I like looking forward and won't sulk for too long.

So I'm here to stay. Obviously for a bit longer than another two weeks haha.

Hope everyone else is ok!!! Please hang on in there with me!!!

Xxx

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello all!!

29! Amazing. So low! Excellent work.

I'm struggling! Let me spell it out :
I've eaten chocolate, chips, and biscuits. Not just the one either. It's not been good.

And to be honest I don't know why! I've been sleeping well, I've had lots of compliments, I've felt great. I have been hungry yes and that's been my main complaint. But this week I've given in. More than once. And it's not like I've been to a nice wedding or sit down meal and enjoyed a 'night off', no, I've just eaten without enjoying it. Ugh. I briefly thought about giving up. I've been here before (usually a lot sooner!) and it's at this point I throw in the towel.

So I need to dig deep and find my motivation again. I've achieved a lot and cannot throw all of this hard work away.

I fee a bit sad and cross with myself but generally I like looking forward and won't sulk for too long.

So I'm here to stay. Obviously for a bit longer than another two weeks haha.

Hope everyone else is ok!!! Please hang on in there with me!!!

Xxx

I'm hanging on in there with you!

That's exactly what I've done on my previous attempts and I know you'll be finding it so frustrating when you can't pinpoint exactly why you are sabotaging yourself - so heres a big hug coming your way - and there's always tomorrow. x