Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I so wish there was a "Dislike" tab for these "innovations". The Terrible Twins moniker has it right.

S

serenity648

From the article linked:

Developer Anne Evers Nikolajsen described their fizzy milk as a “type of whey with no fat” in an interview.

“It contains a certain level of dairy protein and amino acids, but won’t curdle when mixed with the fruit juice that gives it its pink colour; it is then carbonated.

so is it even milk if it is fatless and only the whey with a certain level (what level I wonder) of protein and amino acids?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some very clever advertising I think going on here.
Milk will be left alone.
They need to attract a new customer base with something other than milk.
Milk rightly or wrongly is generally perceived as good/ healthy and essential.
Fizzy is a term directed solely at the younger generation, it's exciting, it's for the young.
Fizzy milk. The older generation are happy to let there kids drink it. It's milk after all, so it can't be bad. The kids are happy to drink it because the grown ups don't.
Very similar to what happened with cider years ago.

S

serenity648

I am reminded of the Sunny Delight marketing years ago, when something perceived as healthy, Orange juice, was used to promote something far from healthy. Let the buyer beware!!!

M

Member34835

Another Frankenfake food. Imagine if Public health had the budget and marketing skills of an FMCG plus some political will. We could g3et people to eat real food and save the Nhs £millons! Back in the real world, I guess this fizzy milk will have a health halo made from whey protein thus becoming a sports drink.Scary.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My late father in law used to add soda water to milk all the time - he was Scottish born in 1911 and lived to his 100th year - all but the last 3 years of his life independently- he loved it, as I hate milk it used to make me gip just seeing it in a glass lol

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Has no one tried the low fat version of a chocolate milk shake?
They are to die for!

(Sadly so!)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I wonder how healthy on teeth, the fizz?
Dentists won't be too happy.
Will we see toddlers having it in their bottles like the none diet coke brigade? I've seen it all. We'll not yet.

Reactions: Lamont D

Kingmob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never tried it but apparently 7-up combined with Milk has been popular in some parts of the world for decades. Had a friend whose family would swear by it as a cure for an upset stomach.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder how healthy on teeth, the fizz?
Dentists won't be too happy.
Will we see toddlers having it in their bottles like the none diet coke brigade? I've seen it all. We'll not yet.

Milk in a babies' bottles have been the cause of many a case of rampant dental caries. It raised the acid levels in the mouth.

Obviously for small babies, in an edentulous state, or those having a bottle with a meal, as opposed to those given a bottle to liquid graze on would be very unlikely to experience issues.

Like all things sensible quantities and frequencies are in play, when balancing the nutritional benefits of milk.

Just the idea doesn't float my boat, but then again, I'm not in the target group.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Milk in a babies' bottles have been the cause of many a case of rampant dental caries. It raised the acid levels in the mouth.

Obviously for small babies, in an edentulous state, or those having a bottle with a meal, as opposed to those given a bottle to liquid graze on would be very unlikely to experience issues.

Like all things sensible quantities and frequencies are in play, when balancing the nutritional benefits of milk.

Just the idea doesn't float my boat, but then again, I'm not in the target group.
Sister is a dental nurse and she cringes at the idea of fizzy milk in bottles for the little ones.
I think midwives now encourage breast or a cup with a lip with milk, where possible. They know why. Health visitors and midwives talk, thankfully.